My Ryzen 5 3600 has recently ( over the past week) adopted a new clock speed of 2.2 ghz that wont change or get close to the 3.60 ghz base clock ?

Jam Joy ??
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,
2 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

Question, didn't know these drivers existed before today. I installed them and can't find anything new in my power plan

Well it should be listed. You have to restart the PC.

Over the past week or so this problem has started and it's impacting me in games, the temps of my cpu are around 40 degrees and the clock speed remaining at 2.20 ghz no matter what. i don't know what's happend and it would be awesome if someone could shed some light on this.

so far I have tried:

disconnecting and reconnecting all my psu cables and reconnecting them

and changing the thermal paste on my cpu 

I also have a hyper 212 Evo coming in the mail since i thought the problem was that my chip was overheating at first.

Screenshot image.thumb.png.ca9d996c499c1c7373df50b57abe8e55.png

3 minutes ago, Jam Joy ?? said:

Over the past week or so this problem has started and it's impacting me in games, the temps of my cpu are around 40 degrees and the clock speed remaining at 2.20 ghz no matter what. i don't know what's happend and it would be awesome if someone could shed some light on this.

so far I have tried:

disconnecting and reconnecting all my psu cables and reconnecting them

and changing the thermal paste on my cpu 

I also have a hyper 212 Evo coming in the mail since i thought the problem was that my chip was overheating at first.

Screenshot

Which power plan is active in Windows?

Install Ryzen chipset driver, open power options and select AMD Ryzen Balanced.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Try running a CPU benchmark (FurMark CPU stress test, 7-zip benchmark, Prime95, anything like that) and see what the clock speeds show then, sometimes when the computer is just, not doing anything, it'll lower the clock speeds to save power. Also, what motherboard do you have?

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

the cables shouldn't be the issue, motherboard or CPU to software issues? You could try resetting the BIOS if that is an option (reset settings), and if you can see how much power it uses it might be limiting itself.  So trying some of the options people suggested above.

11 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Question, didn't know these drivers existed before today. I installed them and can't find anything new in my power plan

image.thumb.png.5fbc0c74134e8c76d522d2bb3451f4ed.png

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

13 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Which power plan is active in Windows?

the "max performance" one

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

the cables shouldn't be the issue, motherboard or CPU to software issues? You could try resetting the BIOS if that is an option (reset settings), and if you can see how much power it uses it might be limiting itself.  So trying some of the options people suggested above.

Could this be the problem ? I haven't touched the bios 

1 minute ago, Jam Joy ?? said:

the "max performance" one

Edit the high performance power plan and make sure your cpu minimum is at 100 and maximum is at 100.

2 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, Jam Joy ?? said:

Could this be the problem ? I haven't touched the bios 

if you haven't touched the BIOS you could overlook this, but that is a way to limit it's low usage while maybe not something you would want to mess with right now.

Unless you get more into the topic of BIOS settings for performance without destroying your stuff. But like the ryzen software (unsure) think it can be used instead, but do be noted that software is not always perfect. If you know about the BIOS settings, then it could help you out and from using RAM at a higher speed etc.

15 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Edit the high performance power plan and make sure your cpu minimum is at 100 and maximum is at 100.

17 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

image.thumb.png.5fbc0c74134e8c76d522d2bb3451f4ed.png

same

37 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

U fixed it U genius !!!  !!! boost clock of 4.10 ghz is back ! 

Good job! Now install Ryzen Master to overclock that thing to 4.5. 🤟

10 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Already restartd, nothing to show for it... 🤔

11 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

ryzen powerplant is for 3000 and 5000 series not neccesarry, windows power plant can now handle ryzen correcly ---> use windwos powerplant (balanced)