I replaced the fans on my MSI armor rx580

Randon

I replaced the fans on my MSI armor rx580 with random 120mm case fans. I should have expected the performance to suck because of the low RPM/static pressure but I did it anyway and yeah I went up to 85° in furmark at stock settings with the fans at full RPM. When I ran the test again after the GPU was warm it went up to 86° and I stopped it there. For reference with the stock fans I can overclock the core by 100mhz, the ram by 250mhz, raise the power limit to 150% and stay below 80° but it's obviously much louder. 

Here's some pictures.

I made a couple of mistakes with the bracket one of them is a cut in the bottom left corner, that's the only bad one and overall the plate fit fairly nicely although it doesn't look very nice. I am used to working with much thicker steel not the flimsy old case panel that I used for this.

IMG_20210205_000339.jpg

IMG_20210204_195957.jpg

IMG_20210204_235005.jpg

52 minutes ago, Randon said:

I replaced the fans on my MSI armor rx580 with random 120mm case fans. I should have expected the performance to suck because of the low RPM/static pressure but I did it anyway and yeah I went up to 85° in furmark at stock settings with the fans at full RPM. When I ran the test again after the GPU was warm it went up to 86° and I stopped it there. For reference with the stock fans I can overclock the core by 100mhz, the ram by 250mhz, raise the power limit to 150% and stay below 80° but it's obviously much louder. 

Here's some pictures.

I made a couple of mistakes with the bracket one of them is a cut in the bottom left corner, that's the only bad one and overall the plate fit fairly nicely although it doesn't look very nice. I am used to working with much thicker steel not the flimsy old case panel that I used for this.

IMG_20210205_000339.jpg

IMG_20210204_195957.jpg

IMG_20210204_235005.jpg

rx4704gb 004.jpg

rx4704gb 007.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

rx4704gb 004.jpg

rx4704gb 007.jpg

How is the performance on those? Do you use specific fans?

4 hours ago, Randon said:

How is the performance on those? Do you use specific fans?

well the stock fans were broken so i dont no what stock temps were but if i had to guess there about the same at a lower db or better performance at a lower db. seem to be around 65ish heaven test. that fans are cheap crap fans i had and i wanted to sell the gpus. if i would have done it properly buy attaching the fans power to the gpu and maybe use 80-92mm fans. trying to center the 120mm was an bit of an pain as it cant go to low or it will hit other pcie slots and cant go too hi or it will hit the door...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links