Walmart Lenovo Legion Insanely Cheap, is it the real deal?

EJOE

Hello, I was going to buy this for a little over a grand (USD) with warranty https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Y540-15-15-6-FHD-Intel-Core-i7-9750H-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060-16GB-RAM-512GB-SSD-Black-Windows-10-81SX015GUS/921861606 ....... Then I found this crazy gem with three left, the same model but with a Ryzen 7 4800H and the GTX 1660TI FOR 665 WITH A THREE YEAR WARRANTY. I didn't want to pull the trigger because I wanted the 2060 really bad. But I didn't think it was worth that much more plus an inferior i7. So I pulled the trigger, I'm sitting here in awe, I'm not even sure if this was a legitimate deal, but it said all the specs in the title and it was straight from Walmart's website. Thoughts and opinions between these two laptops and their price points and if this was a scam seller on Walmart?

29 minutes ago, EJOE said:

Hello, I was going to buy this for a little over a grand (USD) with warranty https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Y540-15-15-6-FHD-Intel-Core-i7-9750H-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060-16GB-RAM-512GB-SSD-Black-Windows-10-81SX015GUS/921861606 ....... Then I found this crazy gem with three left, the same model but with a Ryzen 7 4800H and the GTX 1660TI FOR 665 WITH A THREE YEAR WARRANTY. I didn't want to pull the trigger because I wanted the 2060 really bad. But I didn't think it was worth that much more plus an inferior i7. So I pulled the trigger, I'm sitting here in awe, I'm not even sure if this was a legitimate deal, but it said all the specs in the title and it was straight from Walmart's website. Thoughts and opinions between these two laptops and their price points and if this was a scam seller on Walmart?

I think they are both really good options for their prices. However I can guarantee they won’t have the best battery life. I think they are both about equal from a price to performance ratio, however the 2060 would perform a little better in some situations. I don’t think they are a scam because they are being sold directly from Walmart and not a third party seller.

Clearing old stock. Normal price.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

Clearing old stock. Normal price.

I just haven't seen any Legion 5s at that low of a price before. Also thanks for your help. Ended up picking up what you suggested.

5 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

I think they are both really good options for their prices. However I can guarantee they won’t have the best battery life. I think they are both about equal from a price to performance ratio, however the 2060 would perform a little better in some situations. I don’t think they are a scam because they are being sold directly from Walmart and not a third party seller.

Right, I know they have the option for. a battery upgrade. And that's good to hear, wasn't sure if I was missing something. 

10 minutes ago, EJOE said:

I just haven't seen any Legion 5s at that low of a price before

You can get similar price with perks

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Ryzen 5000u is on the horizon, with 30 series, this will make these laptop a hard sell.

By that time, you will see cheaper 4000 series. Or it will be rebranded for 5000 chips as they are pin compatible.

Ryzen 5700u is essentially a rebanded 4800u.

For the specs, it's a great value if you just want a 6 core cpu.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

11 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Ryzen 5000u is on the horizon, with 30 series, this will make these laptop a hard sell.

By that time, you will see cheaper 4000 series. Or it will be rebranded for 5000 chips as they are pin compatible.

Ryzen 5700u is essentially a rebanded 4800u.

For the specs, it's a great value if you just want a 6 core cpu.

Thanks