Does a new pc come with anti virus software

SquiddyButler
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Windows has a built in one. Really antivirus do little as they are meant to protect against known ones

When building a new pc, does it come with a anti virus from windows or something. If not what cheap ones are recommended 

3 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

When building a new pc, does it come with a anti virus from windows or something. If not what cheap ones are recommended 

No. You will have to buy one once you have installed windows. Anti-virus software can slow down your computer massively, I personally don't have anything installed and I'm just careful with what I click on.  Windows defender does it fine too.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

21 hours ago, UpTheDons said:

No. You will have to buy one once you have installed windows. Anti-virus software can slow down your computer massively, I personally don't have anything installed and I'm just careful with what I click on.  Windows defender does it fine too.

Windows defender does a pretty good job. I however click on anything and download everything so i use Avast and it works pretty good, never had any issues and after years of "unsafe" browsing i have yet to catch any computer diseases

On my moms computer i installed avast also just because she tends to click on crap she doesn't need to and ends up getting to some sketch sites, and to ease my workload of not wanting to fix it if she downloads something avast fits the bill and its free. 

Stay away from crap like mcafee, that shit is absolutely trash and slows the computer down and it costs a bundle to protect against nothing.