PSU/Graphics card eletrical noise

Go to solution Solved by lgcas,
Just now, WillLTT said:

Just tested capping the FPS to 50, and the noise almost dissapears. 

For sure sounds like it's just coil whine, high fps can do that, I always cap my framerate to what suits my monitor. As far as I know there isn't much point going over what you "need" (although if I've missed something, please tell me, I'd be interested to learn).

Im not sure if its from the PSU or graphics card, But its freaking me out, Its only there under load, and gets louder as the GPU begins to be under load. 

Ignore the fans, and listen for the eletrical noise. 

The graphics card is a gtx 1060 3gb, from evga i think.

Is it coil whine?

Or is it something else? 

Should i replace it? or is it fine to keep it for another few years? 

2 minutes ago, WillLTT said:

Im not sure if its from the PSU or graphics card, But its freaking me out, Its only there under load, and gets louder as the GPU begins to be under load. 

Ignore the fans, and listen for the eletrical noise. 

The graphics card is a gtx 1060 3gb, from evga i think.

Is it coil whine?

Or is it something else? 

Should i replace it? or is it fine to keep it for another few years? 

Sounds like coil whine, more power draw=faster coil vibrations/moves into audible hearing. Out of interest, what kind of load are you putting it under? If it's a game, have you tried capping the fps?

finally escaped fm2+

Just now, lgcas said:

Sounds like coil whine, more power draw=faster coil vibrations/moves into audible hearing. Out of interest, what kind of load are you putting it under? If it's a game, have you tried capping the fps?

minecraft 11 chunks and unlimited fps, No shaders + optifine. 

Just now, WillLTT said:

minecraft 11 chunks and unlimited fps

try capping the fps to see if the noise quietens or goes away.

finally escaped fm2+

2 minutes ago, lgcas said:

Sounds a lot like coil whine. I have it in some games without limiting FPS. If it annoys you, you can try to cap the FPS or leave it, since itself isn't harmful for your components.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max GPU: ASUS Strix RX5600XT O6G ═ RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2666MHz CL16 ═ PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 500W ═ Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 ═ SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB M.2 SSD ═ HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ═ Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB

Just now, WillLTT said:

For sure sounds like it's just coil whine, high fps can do that, I always cap my framerate to what suits my monitor. As far as I know there isn't much point going over what you "need" (although if I've missed something, please tell me, I'd be interested to learn).

finally escaped fm2+

3 minutes ago, lgcas said:

@lgcas

@Kerbalino

Thanks for the help you all 😃