Recently I found out a task called: WindowsFormsApp1, has been using up a lot of my CPU. At one point, it went up to 99 percent for some bizarre reason. When I ended it, CPU usage went down to 1-10 percent. Can someone explain what this is, and is there a way I can remove this?

7 minutes ago, AL1V3 said:

Recently I found out a task called: WindowsFormsApp1, has been using up a lot of my CPU. At one point, it went up to 99 percent for some bizarre reason. When I ended it, CPU usage went down to 1-10 percent. Can someone explain what this is, and is there a way I can remove this?

"WindowsFormsApp1" is the default name for apps made in Visual Studio. It's not a specific app, so there is no way of saying what you have running on your system; it's just an app someone has programmed.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

15 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

"WindowsFormsApp1" is the default name for apps made in Visual Studio. It's not a specific app, so there is no way of saying what you have running on your system; it's just an app someone has programmed.

Ah, so I guess it's gonna be a challenge to find the culprit

7 minutes ago, AL1V3 said:

Ah, so I guess it's gonna be a challenge to find the culprit

When you see it again, open Task Manager and go to the Details tab. Then enable the "Command line" column. This should show you where the file is located.

You can right click on the headers and click on "Select columns" to show additional columns that aren't visible by default in the details tab.

On the "Processes" page you can also right click a program and click on "Open file location".

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply