Looking for a Keyboard (AZERTY LAYOUT - FRANCE) - 200€

Kirya

Hey all,

i'm looking to replace my QPAD mk 85 that I won 7 years ago by a clean / sturdy TKL mechanical keyboard.

What would you recommend ? Also, where to buy ?

I got recommended the Ducky One 2 TKL on reddit but it's not available anywhere for me. I'll wait it out but i'd like to have other option !

• Budget up to 200€
  • AZERTY layout (RIP my choices ...)
  • i've always used chery mx red but i don't know if i should keep it or would you recommend to change ? maybe brown ? i don't game much anymore.
  • maybe some customization and having the possibility to switch the keycaps easily and even switches maybe ? I'd love to be able to make something unique

Up to consider anything and I'm not in a hurry !

Thank you !

The GMMK TKL should fit those requirements. About €80 for the barebones version, and €25 for their French AZERTY keycaps. The keycaps are laser etched ABS, so not great, but there isn't really that much choice. It has hot swap sockets and a standard bottom row, so changing the switches and keycaps is easy.

For switches, it's all just personal preference. Ignore anyone that tell you to choose certain switches just because of what you use them for. If you like light linear switches, you could go for Gateron Reds or Yellows.

:)

Reading the similar post if the past days i've seen your smile often ! thanks for helping the community,

I'll take a look at that, what sounded good with the ducky was PBT keycaps indeed.

For the switches, i mean ... i never tryed anything else ! I think brown could work for me too and i'm starting to get lazy with my keyboard even though I feel it's really confortable to type on.

What do you think about the logitech G pro ?

Alright. I removed the TKL option as wanting an AZERTY layout doesn't live me a lot of option.

Wireless would be cool too as I'm expecting to have more and more work from home so being able to switch pc easily is a +.