Windows Multiple Users

Electric_Spark

So I want to let my parents be able to use my pc when I go off to college, as I'm not taking it and it seems like a waste to just have it sit around. It seems pretty easy to setup multiple users, but I'm a bit confused on the admin permissions and how to keep thing separate between accounts. 

Also, will drivers have to be updated through the admin user? 

Just add your parents as a non admin user, and they can't really screw any thing up on the system.

Windows update will normally handle drivers for you, and you don't need admin to use windows update. Otherwise you need admin to update drivers or install software.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just add your parents as a non admin user, and they can't really screw any thing up on the system.

Windows update will normally handle drivers for you, and you don't need admin to use windows update. Otherwise you need admin to update drivers or install software.

So would there be a way to let them download stuff they in a separate place without being admin? No drivers just like files and software.

Just now, Electric_Spark said:

So would there be a way to let them download stuff they in a separate place without being admin? No drivers just like files and software.

Yes,they will have their own "download" and "My documents" and folders like that.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...