looking for 24" 1920x1200

MooTaters

I'm looking for a 24" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200.  I'm not dead set on IPS(or similar tech), but I am interested to see how much better it looks.  I am not in any professional field that requires color accuracy, but it's more about the experience.  I am a gamer and I understand the whole refresh rate argument for it, but I've been gaming on a Samsung SyncMaster 940B for about 7 years now(I know it's old and an upgrade is overdue), and never had any real issues with it.  Probably the 2 biggest selling points for me would be the resolution above, and a good quality stand(my current Samsung is SOLID), as a wobbly stand seems to often be a main downside to a lot of monitors these days.  I would say I'd like to keep it under around $350 or as close to as possible.

I've been looking at the ASUS PA248Q which is on a decent sale right now, but I'd like to hear what people have to say before I bite the bullet.

If you want multi monitors then I'd suggest Dell U2414H.If you don't want multi monitors,I'd still suggest it cause it looks sexy <3.Might be a little expensive,but it's cheaper than the Pro Art Asus series.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If I were to go dual monitor, then I'd probably just use my current monitor as a little secondary monitor for somethings....but I don't really have the space so that probably won't be happening.

Dell U2412M. periof

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I'm looking for a 24" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200.  I'm not dead set on IPS(or similar tech), but I am interested to see how much better it looks.  I am not in any professional field that requires color accuracy, but it's more about the experience.  I am a gamer and I understand the whole refresh rate argument for it, but I've been gaming on a Samsung SyncMaster 940B for about 7 years now(I know it's old and an upgrade is overdue), and never had any real issues with it.  Probably the 2 biggest selling points for me would be the resolution above, and a good quality stand(my current Samsung is SOLID), as a wobbly stand seems to often be a main downside to a lot of monitors these days.  I would say I'd like to keep it under around $350 or as close to as possible.

I've been looking at the ASUS PA248Q which is on a decent sale right now, but I'd like to hear what people have to say before I bite the bullet.

How about a 1440p IPS 27 inch for 350$? Not a Korean one but an Acer.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009626&clickid=1FS1Jf3VJUVeXq0QWwyYPTcBUkTW7Kz5iw9GyE0&iradid=97618&ircid=2106&irpid=79301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

I would prefer to stick with 24"(25" width would really be pushing the space I have to work with) and a 16:10 aspect ratio, unless you can give me a rather compelling reason not to.  I appreciate the suggestions though.

Edit: Don't take this as I won't accept any other possibilities, I am open to other options.  If you offer good reasoning I'm more than willing to listen, heck if you know of another thread that better explains your point I'd take that too.  Just looking for other's thoughts and other possible ideas.

I have decided I'll just wait a while as I do have a $100 mail in rebate that should be coming(just sent it out so will still be a while).  Though I'd still prefer to keep it under $400 at least if not closer to $350.

Asus one good.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have a P248Q its great

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Asus PA248Q. Their Pro-Art line of monitors are spectacular. Dell UltraSharps are good, too.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510