Regarding Linus's use of the words "walking helmet."

trombonejb
19 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

When I was a kid we said square helmets. 

The disconnect between then and today is ... today there is a greater number of thin skinned people than there was then. Additionally there are more that want to feel ashamed or offended on "behalf" of others, this a very poor and very retarded way of thinking.

Before anyone decides to call me out for saying retarded.. look at the definition of the word first I am using it correctly. 

Yay varnic for clapping back at the haters

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

20 hours ago, trombonejb said:

So if someone calls my black friend (not the same friend with autism) the n word then it would make me thin skinned to stand up for my friend and just let it slide instead and be cool with it?

You're right about the use of the R word but get this https://www.spreadtheword.global/

Apples to oranges, your point falls on its face and is not the same, not even close.

That link... you really made an account to share that garbage with me? Inclusivism is a massive fallacy, there will be those that may disagree but to include things that make sense is common sense, to dis-include or be intolerant to things that don't is common sense. A movement to educate those that can't think in a way that pretends to be common sense. Please, just No.

You're censoring yourself from saying retarded is disingenuous btw. Don't agree with me then act this way.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER