Go to solution Solved by jimjamran,

Day 2 of changes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

- Increasing DRAM Voltage from: 1.22V - 1.35V

- Updating bios to BETA version

- Disabling Fast Start-up 

- Setting hard disks fall asleep to "0/never"

I have ran multiple benchmark's, rendered a few scenes, gamed on the highest possible settings and I have not had a Kernel Power 41. I couldn't pin point the exact fix but I am relieved.

Hello!

Whenever I am rendering intense loads, the pc will restart - a Kernel Power 41 error is then shown in the event viewer. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently running:

Win(64) Bios V. 7C84v153(Beta version) 2021-01-04

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core

Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4

Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
MSI GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING X TRIO
Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using: Cinema 4D + Octane to render. 

I've tried:

- updating all drivers

- updating bios (had to do anyway because of new gen cpu)

- checking temperatures: CPU: 30-40 idle 50-60 full load | GPU: 30-40 idle 50-80 full load (whenever cooler is removed, thermal paste is cleaned off and reapplied)

- I've attached the CPU PWR2 cable onto the motherboard

- I've even gotten a replacement PSU from ebuyer

- Taken XMP profiles 1&2 off, running at stock 2133mhz

- Enabled XMP profiles 1&2 with the respective DRAM speeds @3600, 3400, 3200 and even stock 2133 (still crashed when rendering)

- Using 1 Ram stick at a time (one stick crashed upon startup - yet windows memory diagnostic test said all was ok?) (testing done @stock 2133mhz)

- After testing single channel ram, proceeding to run with dual channel, resulting in a kernel power 41 error

- Ran windows memory diagnostic tests - these came back with no errors

- checked compatibility of RAM components with motherboard (all good)

- Playing games @4k + Max settings does not cause any kernel power 41, however the games do sometimes crash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anything else someone could suggest I try? It seems to be getting a lot worse today (30/01/2020) 

I've had 4 Kernel Power 41 Errors in one hour whilst trying to render a scene. 

Please let me know if I need to post more information , I'm not too sure what else to show.

Many thanks,

Jaime

LTT_1.jpg

LTT_2.jpg

LTT_3.JPG

LTT_4.JPG

Try this: im Limeay on THW too. I had this issue with my newly built pc with stock settings except D.O.H.C for ram to 3600mhz and changed FCLK to 1800MHZ and this happens. There's no such thing as XMP in AMD systems, only D.O.C.P.

After doing everything i possibly could do i tried disabling C-States and it never came back up.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/kernel-power-41-after-installing-new-ryzen-9-3900x-b550-board.3640195/page-2#post-22094104

1 hour ago, Limey said:

Try this: im Limeay on THW too. I had this issue with my newly built pc with stock settings except D.O.H.C for ram to 3600mhz and changed FCLK to 1800MHZ and this happens. There's no such thing as XMP in AMD systems, only D.O.C.P.

After doing everything i possibly could do i tried disabling C-States and it never came back up.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/kernel-power-41-after-installing-new-ryzen-9-3900x-b550-board.3640195/page-2#post-22094104

Hey pal, thanks for such a quick response!

I've disabled C-States and doing a render now. Will let you know :)

Jaime

2 hours ago, Limey said:

So far so good, managed to finish a render using both sticks @3600mhz, I will post if anymore pesky Kernel Power 41's happen.

Thank you.

Jaime

4 hours ago, Limey said:

Just had a system restart, whilst computer was just on Spotify. This PC is giving me trust issues... 

try disabling fast startup, i always have this disabled when i need to reformat my OS and need to reset all my custom settings. I never had an issue but i never noticed it because i always have it disabled 😄

You using antivirus software or just the prebuilt windows defender?

Make sure to install amd chipset drivers from amd's site and change power plan to "Ryzen balanced or Ryzen High Performance", the Ryzen HP is better than the Windows Ultimate Performance that you'd use for Intel systems.

Was this error recent due to a change in hardware or a new build or something? My issue was because it was a new build and i never tweaked the settings. At first 3 months ago i thought the reason i was getting this issue was because of a faulty PSU or something. Mind you its brand new components lol. Which didn't make much sense but can happen with new hardware sometimes, also was worried because i torqued the CPU brackets too tight possibly causing CPU to maybe be damaged maybe possibly causing that error which also was not the reason. Anyways i undid torque on the bracket and retorqued and i still feel might be a bit too tight but its fine lol. i use a CM hyper 212 evo black edition. 

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12891-how-to-fix-kernel-power-error

https://windowsreport.com/kernel-power-41-error-windows-10/

28 minutes ago, Limey said:

try disabling fast startup, i always have this disabled when i need to reformat my OS and need to reset all my custom settings. I never had an issue but i never noticed it because i always have it disabled 😄

You using antivirus software or just the prebuilt windows defender?

Make sure to install amd chipset drivers from amd's site and change power plan to "Ryzen balanced or Ryzen High Performance", the Ryzen HP is better than the Windows Ultimate Performance that you'd use for Intel systems.

Was this error recent due to a change in hardware or a new build or something? My issue was because it was a new build and i never tweaked the settings. At first 3 months ago i thought the reason i was getting this issue was because of a faulty PSU or something. Mind you its brand new components lol. Which didn't make much sense but can happen with new hardware sometimes, also was worried because i torqued the CPU brackets too tight possibly causing CPU to maybe be damaged maybe possibly causing that error which also was not the reason. Anyways i undid torque on the bracket and retorqued and i still feel might be a bit too tight but its fine lol. i use a CM hyper 212 evo black edition. 

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12891-how-to-fix-kernel-power-error

https://windowsreport.com/kernel-power-41-error-windows-10/

Just using prebuilt windows defender. Also I've installed the latest chipset drivers and the "Ryzen" power plans do not show.

This error has always been in an since I built the system. It's completely brand new. Extremely frustrating because if I forget to save my work, I could be screwed. I simply wanted to use 3600mhz which started all of these issues. I find using 2133mhz it doesn't happen. Up until today... 

So I've disabled the "fast start-up" option and also set the hard-disks to "never" sleep. We shall see.

I'm starting to think maybe I should boost the DRAM voltage?

Day 2 of changes:

- Increasing DRAM Voltage from: 1.22V - 1.35V

- Updating bios to BETA version

- Disabling Fast Start-up 

- Setting hard disks fall asleep to "0/never"

I have ran multiple benchmark's, rendered a few scenes, gamed on the highest possible settings and I have not had a Kernel Power 41. I couldn't pin point the exact fix but I am relieved.