Dual micro switch circuit that resets when one is released.

Badger906

Ok terrible title, hard to shorten lol.

I need a circuit for an Airsoft gun that nobody makes!

Basically the way an Airsoft gun fires by semi auto is that when you pull the trigger the contacts close and send power. The gearbox does 1 rotation and a cam on one of the gears hits a lever that disconnects the contacts. When you release the trigger it drops back to its original position and then you can pull it again.

Now I want a remote trigger. That obviously cannot interact with the cut off lever as its not in the same location. So I plan to use 2 micro switches. 1 at the trigger point. That closes when the trigger is pulled. And another that is always closed until the cut off lever opens it for a brief second on its rotation. 

Now that's all simple enough. However. As soon as the lever stops acting upon the switch the circuit will go live again if the trigger is still held. And this in where lies my issues. 

I want the circuit to only reset and become live again (despite the second switch now closing) only when the trigger switch is released and pressed again. 

So I need some kind of current sense/logic switch to detect this. And this is where my knowledge runs out. So any input and help would be amazing. 

TLDR: 2 switch circuit, one always closed only opens for brief second. Second switch activates circuit. Need circuit to remain off until 1st switch is released and pressed again. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

This behavior could be easily programmed into an arduino board if you can't find a pure hardware solution.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

This behavior could be easily programmed into an arduino board if you can't find a pure hardware solution.

Pretend I'm an idiot lol and explain of possible what is need. I know what Arduino boards are. But I also know there's a million and one modules and thingies that connect to them. 

I know pcs and car mechanics. Not this electronic gibberish 😂

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Relay logic wise I can sort of see what you want, I feel like drawing this out as ladder logic would help, not sure if you’re familiar 

Just now, Arrogath said:

Relay logic wise I can sort of see what you want, I feel like drawing this out as ladder logic would help, not sure if you’re familiar 

Afraid not. My electronics knowledge goes as far as 1980s and earlier cars..! So simple and basic!

10 minutes ago, Badger906 said:

I know what Arduino boards are. But I also know there's a million and one modules and thingies that connect to them. 

No need for extra modules, the basic outputs on an arduino nano board should be enough for what you need. There are many guides you can find that convey a lot more than I could in a forum post.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Would be overly complex trying to use a logic-based solution, and seeing as you need an Arduino or similar for the whole remote trigger part, I'd just use that.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

23 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Would be overly complex trying to use a logic-based solution, and seeing as you need an Arduino or similar for the whole remote trigger part, I'd just use that.

Well by remote I meant further down the gun. It's a bullpop! Not as in remote firing 

1 hour ago, Badger906 said:

Well by remote I meant further down the gun. It's a bullpop! Not as in remote firing 

I see.

I'm not quite sure I understand your explanation of what you want it to do. Can you maybe draw a diagram and/or write a truth table?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈