3070 Ti vs 3060 Ti

Hello, i just wnated to know if i would be better off getting a 1650 right now and upgrade the GPU later down the road or straight away get an 2060. I would be doing some AAA games, not cyberpunk, games like Witcher 3, Frozen horizon, Hitman 3, and some indie games. Will be using 1080 monitor for now. No budget contrarians between the two.

Just now, Darkidream said:

Hello, i just wnated to know if i would be better off getting a 1650 right now and upgrade the GPU later down the road or straight away get an 2060. I would be doing some AAA games, not cyberpunk, games like Witcher 3, Frozen horizon, Hitman 3, and some indie games. Will be using 1080 monitor for now. No budget contrarians between the two.

Pricing is horrible, so is availability. If you can I'd just wait for new gpus and better stock. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

41 minutes ago, Darkidream said:

I’d buy whatever one is closest to MSRP. Stock will normalize eventually. Whichever one you over pay for will only hurt more down the road. If you found this secret store no one knows about that has MSRP cards in stock, the 2060 is quite a bit better and could certainly satisfy your gaming needs for quite a while. It can play anything, even Cyberpunk. 

23 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

I’d buy whatever one is closest to MSRP. Stock will normalize eventually. Whichever one you over pay for will only hurt more down the road. If you found this secret store no one knows about that has MSRP cards in stock, the 2060 is quite a bit better and could certainly satisfy your gaming needs for quite a while. It can play anything, even Cyberpunk. 

Oh ok. I can get 2060 for USD 390 and a 1650 for 170. I dont know the official MRSP but i think 2060 is NOT at mrsp?

Just now, Darkidream said:

Oh ok. I can get 2060 for USD 390 and a 1650 for 170. I dont know the official MRSP but i think 2060 is NOT at mrsp?

Neither are as bad as I’ve seen. If you could wait for stock to catch up, you can get a better card for the same money. If you must buy now, the 1650 is probably a better deal and you won’t lose as much money when you sell it down the road I don’t think. 

12 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

Neither are as bad as I’ve seen. If you could wait for stock to catch up, you can get a better card for the same money. If you must buy now, the 1650 is probably a better deal and you won’t lose as much money when you sell it down the road I don’t think. 

So which card you would recommend at or near 390 MRSP. And ya i dont have to buy now, i can wait up too like August, i am low on news, do you know if any good card are coming out under 400 USD?

1 hour ago, Darkidream said:

So which card you would recommend at or near 390 MRSP. And ya i dont have to buy now, i can wait up too like August, i am low on news, do you know if any good card are coming out under 400 USD?

The problem isn’t cards coming out, it’s the new cards that have been released are impossible to find. The Nvidia rtx 3060 would be ideal. But, can you find one at MSRP?  Or will you have to pay scalper prices?

The 2060 is 2 years old. The 3060 is out and is pretty much the same price, but super hard to find in stock. 

• 1 year later...

As you can see my topic has changed because well now I am able to buy a GPU! I have two options:

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6X PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card: For $700

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti ROG Strix LHR Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card: For $600

which one should i choose:

Also planning on parinf it with either:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Vermeer 3.7GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor - Wraith Stealth Cooler Included: for $200

Intel Core i7-12700F: For $312 (Don't care about overclocking, afraid will break stuff)

And also I do realize this two are completely different price range, but still would like an honest answer, 

1 hour ago, Darkidream said:

As you can see my topic has changed because well now I am able to buy a GPU! I have two options:

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6X PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card: For $700

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti ROG Strix LHR Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card: For $600

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Vermeer 3.7GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor - Wraith Stealth Cooler Included: for $200

Intel Core i7-12700F: For $312 (Don't care about overclocking, afraid will break stuff)

And also I do realize this two are completely different price range, but still would like an honest answer, 

If those are just your choices, get the RTX 3070Ti instead.

And if your plan on pairing it with a new CPU(either AMD or Intel) - if you do not want to overclock, I suggest you get at least the one with an iGPU (with the built-in graphics) for future troubleshooting purposes.

Honestly, I'd go with Intel. And a trusty motherboard manufacturer with a good chipset. No offense with AMD fans/enthusiasts. I respect you guys. But based from experience, PC mix-use and longevity, I prefer Intel.

14 hours ago, Darkidream said:

3070 Ti without a doubt.

If you can squeeze a bit more (deals are about to end)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-ftw3-ultra-gaming-8gb-gddr6x-pci-express-4-0-graphics-card-lhr/6474593.p?skuId=6474593

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-rtx-3080-xc3-ultra-gaming-10g-p5-3885-kh-pci-express-4-0-lhr/6471615.p?skuId=6471615