I have been trying to find out what's wrong with my PC for a Month and I am stumped..

I thought I would give forums a try on finding out some possible solutions with fixing my gaming pc, it functions as normal until I start playing demanding games, either the game crashes, my monitors and K&M go dark and my pc sits in limbo, or my computer does a full reset. I have tried many possible fixes and none yielded any results, I will list what I've tried and the specs of my PC below.

• Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Gigabyte Gaming OC GTX 1080Ti 11GB
  • 16GB of G.skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600 memory
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard
  • GIGABYTE GP-B700H 700W 80+ Bronze PSU
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler
  • NZXT H510 Compact ATX case

-Resetting my boot drive and windows install
-Updating, rolling back and using DDU on Graphics drivers (Basically cleaning out my drivers and getting a fresh install) multiple times
-Updating and rolling back versions of Windows 10
-Using HWMonitor to check temps of all components (Nothing is overheating)
-Underclocking my GPU
-Cleaning all dust from my system and double-checking to see if everything is plugged in inside
-Reseating RAM, Graphics Card, and CMOS battery
-Making sure that no external connectors (DPs, USB, etc) are faulty or getting disconnected
I have tried almost everything I can think of other than updating new GPU bios or swapping out components due to not owning any other components.
I have a possible hunch that it could be that my PSU is faulty, broken, or somehow getting overloaded, but I am not 100%.

I have posted this also in r/techsupport so if I get replies that are similar to those there I will copy and paste what was said.

What slots are the DIMMS in on the motherboard (Ram)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

37 minutes ago, Ajr2000 said:

I thought I would give forums a try on finding out some possible solutions with fixing my gaming pc, it functions as normal until I start playing demanding games, either the game crashes, my monitors and K&M go dark and my pc sits in limbo, or my computer does a full reset. I have tried many possible fixes and none yielded any results, I will list what I've tried and the specs of my PC below.

• Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Gigabyte Gaming OC GTX 1080Ti 11GB
  • 16GB of G.skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600 memory
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard
  • GIGABYTE GP-B700H 700W 80+ Bronze PSU
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler
  • NZXT H510 Compact ATX case

-Resetting my boot drive and windows install
-Updating, rolling back and using DDU on Graphics drivers (Basically cleaning out my drivers and getting a fresh install) multiple times
-Updating and rolling back versions of Windows 10
-Using HWMonitor to check temps of all components (Nothing is overheating)
-Underclocking my GPU
-Cleaning all dust from my system and double-checking to see if everything is plugged in inside
-Reseating RAM, Graphics Card, and CMOS battery
-Making sure that no external connectors (DPs, USB, etc) are faulty or getting disconnected
I have tried almost everything I can think of other than updating new GPU bios or swapping out components due to not owning any other components.
I have a possible hunch that it could be that my PSU is faulty, broken, or somehow getting overloaded, but I am not 100%.

Weird errors that can not be explained are usually PSU related or due to overclock of the CPU/RAM. Also memtest your Ram.

Certainly sounds like a PSU issue. Have you tried loading the CPU, GPU, and memory separately (with Prime95, Furmark, Memtest86 respectively)? How old is the PSU and was anything changed around the time the system started doing this?

Powerspec 1530 (Clevo PB50DF2) ~ i7 10875H ~ RTX 2070 Super 115W ~ 32GB DDR4 ~ 2x 1TB NVMe ~ 2TB 5400RPM ~ 1080P 240hz matte IPS

Gigabyte G1 GA-970-SLI ~ FX 8320 @ 3.3Ghz, 1212mV ~ 16GB DDR3 ~ Radeon 570 4GB ~ 512GB NVMe ~ 2x 1TB HGST 7200RPM

Xtras ~ Dell 22" 1680x1050 matte IPS monitor ~ Logi M705 mouse ~ PowerA Fusion Pro Xbox One controller ~ Sony XB950N1 headphones ~ Epson V700 film scanner

Streaming Setup ~ OBS Studio with AMF encoding ~ iVCam bridged to LG G6 ~ Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface ~ TONOR condenser cardioid mic

2 hours ago, Tristerin said:

What slots are the DIMMS in on the motherboard (Ram)

Slots 2 and 4

2 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

Weird errors that can not be explained are usually PSU related or due to overclock of the CPU/RAM. Also memtest your Ram.

currently running some tests, I will get back to you

2 hours ago, Natty Ice said:

Certainly sounds like a PSU issue. Have you tried loading the CPU, GPU, and memory separately (with Prime95, Furmark, Memtest86 respectively)? How old is the PSU and was anything changed around the time the system started doing this?

I haven't tried that, I am going to now, My PSU is a little over a year old, and honestly my system just kinda started this out of nowhere like around a month ago, nothing has really changed with this config since I got my graphics card 6 months ago

5 minutes ago, Ajr2000 said:

I haven't tried that, I am going to now, My PSU is a little over a year old, and honestly my system just kinda started this out of nowhere like around a month ago, nothing has really changed with this config since I got my graphics card 6 months ago

but now that I think about it, I started using a USB audio codec with a Mic and pair of headphones rather recently

1 hour ago, Ajr2000 said:

I just ran furmark and aida64 and both gave me about as expected results

4 hours ago, Ajr2000 said:

either the game crashes, my monitors and K&M go dark and my pc sits in limbo, or my computer does a full reset.

Can you describe all this with as much detail as possible?? 

PC sits in limbo? Like you can hear the game running, but sitting with a black screen and the caps lock makes the light on the key board go on and off??

(stuff like those kind of details I mean)

but I just made a google search and "flashing or displaying dots and lines when it shouldn't be" came up as a symptom of not enough power so I think a new power supply is looking to be the solution

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Can you describe all this with as much detail as possible?? 

PC sits in limbo? Like you can hear the game running, but sitting with a black screen and the caps lock makes the light on the key board go on and off??

(stuff like those kind of details I mean)

Monitors and Keyboard and mouse shut off while the pc is powered on

Just now, Ajr2000 said:

like everything goes out but the pc itself

then it just sits on doing nothing til I restart it

1 minute ago, Ajr2000 said:

OK the PC is going into a shut down or restart mode....

2 minutes ago, Ajr2000 said:

but I just made a google search and "flashing or displaying dots and lines when it shouldn't be" came up as a symptom of not enough power so I think a new power supply is looking to be the solution

Do you have this symptom? 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

OK the PC is going into a shut down or restart mode....

Do you have this symptom? 

yes, I haven't had it happen in a while, but it was happening consistently before I reset my pc's boot drive

Just now, Ajr2000 said:

yes

So before you warranty or purchase another PSU, do you have one, or a friend that has one you could swap to diagnose if your PSU is actually bad? 

So before you warranty or purchase another PSU, do you have one, or a friend that has one you could swap to diagnose if your PSU is actually bad? 

Not one that is of similar or greater wattage

Just now, Ajr2000 said:

Not one that is of similar or greater wattage

That's OK. A 600w would power that system for testing. 

Or a local repair shop that would be willing to help out cheap or free. 

4 minutes ago, Ajr2000 said:

but it was happening consistently before I reset my pc's boot drive

What do you mean by "reset" the boot drive? Fresh windows install?

That's OK. A 600w would power that system for testing. 

Or a local repair shop that would be willing to help out cheap or free. 

I got a guy who I can ask for some help, but I am gonna look into some new units til then because it sounds like all roads are leading to this issue

What do you mean by "reset" the boot drive? Fresh windows install?

Yeah, basically did a reset via the windows "recovery" tab, not off of a usb or anything

Just now, Ajr2000 said:

Yeah, basically did a reset via the windows "recovery" tab, not off of a usb or anything

reset.PNG

1 minute ago, Ajr2000 said:

I got a guy who I can ask for some help, but I am gonna look into some new units til then because it sounds like all roads are leading to this issue

Well, I don't really agree (yet) because the symptoms you are telling me haven't come quite clear yet. 

Further testing.

Lower the Gpu VRam clocks about 50 to 100mhz. 

lines and dots, generally a gpu issue, yes low power could do that, but I'm yet skeptical.

Sorry for all the questions and stuff. Just want to help diag before you spend money and not be wasteful.