Xbox controller advice/help?

Legodude50

So I have a dual sense controller, a DualShock 4 controller and recently added a Xbox series x controller to my lineup for better support on Microsoft exclusive games. Yes I know I can get the PlayStation controllers to work with most games but seeing Xbox buttons while hitting buttons on a PlayStation controller messes with my brain lol. I bought a white series x controller and it’s A button wouldn’t register when clicked at an angle. This was an absolute game breaker. Figured it was faulty. Returned it and bought a blue one instead. Boom same problem. Albeit slightly better, still a game changer and not willing to live with. However the only alternatives I’ve seen so far are expensive. Like the elite series 2 controller (which I’ve heard has problems too!) and the razer Wolverine which has pretty mixed reviews and is double the price. There’s also the scuff controllers which I know nothing about but are very expensive. I just want my damn blue controller to work well lol. Anyone know a possible solution and or good Xbox controller options? Pretty bummed out so far 😕

Sounds like just bad luck twice. I have the regular One S controller on PC and have no such issues.

image.png.dce8997609d8b25394d32f0c846c23eb.pngBought my xbox controller more than 2 years ago. I've been heavily using it for the last year. Still works perfectly and has no noticable wear

24 minutes ago, Chionele said:

Sounds like just bad luck twice. I have the regular One S controller on PC and have no such issues.

Can you confirm all the buttons work as intended even when clicked lightly at different angles? If there’s hope for a good batch I’ll keep returning until I get a good one. 

11 minutes ago, CineraM said:

image.png.dce8997609d8b25394d32f0c846c23eb.pngBought my xbox controller more than 2 years ago. I've been heavily using it for the last year. Still works perfectly and has no noticable wear

Interesting. I’ve seen people talk about getting the same problem over and over and over again. Maybe I’ll just keep trying my luck. 

23 minutes ago, Legodude50 said:

Can you confirm all the buttons work as intended even when clicked lightly at different angles? If there’s hope for a good batch I’ll keep returning until I get a good one. 

Yes

I have multiple Xbox controllers, and I've never noticed any problems with registering presses.

I've tried the Elite Series 2 now with pressing at different angles, and I've found a way to make it not register - I 'drag' the button down (in the direction of the handles) and it doesn't register on click, I have to push it a little more to register.

Interested in the subject I've followed up with Xbox Series controller, and it doesn't have that problem. I don't recommend Xbox One controller when not on strict budget, d-pad in the new one is greatly improved.

Brak opisu.

Was looking to buy one myself. But read on Amazon reviews about piss poor Windows 10 support. Issue flashing new firmware and bricking the controller. I myself use my Nintendo Pro Controller. Steam pretty much adds support for all controllers. The Pro controller works great for Elite Dangerous. I haven't really tried it with any Microsoft specific titles as I dont own any. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

A regular xbox1 controller should work fine out of the box with Windows 10. I think you just had bad luck with two faulty controllers. They're obviously damaged if they only don't work if you press the button at a different angle. 

As for support, the only terrible thing about it is that the regular Xbox controller software that you can get from MS Store doesn't allow you to disable buttons (you can only remap them), but luckily Steam allows you to do that so it's not a huge problem. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

2 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

A regular xbox1 controller should work fine out of the box with Windows 10. I think you just had bad luck with two faulty controllers. They're obviously damaged if they only don't work if you press the button at a different angle. 

As for support, the only terrible thing about it is that the regular Xbox controller software that you can get from MS Store doesn't allow you to disable buttons (you can only remap them), but luckily Steam allows you to do that so it's not a huge problem. 

There are issues with the USB receiver drivers, which have to be solved manually, but aside from that I haven't had any problems with software, including doing a firmware upgrade. I don't own an Xbox.

I miss the option to change brightness in the regular controllers, the Elite one has that option in the Xbox Accessories app.

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

In the like 6 years I've been various XB1 controllers, the only issue I've had is with a white S, and even then it's just a case of having to press the guide button a little harder than a "good" controller. The QC on these doesn't seem to be all that good to begin with, but you also seem to have sub-optimal luck.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)