Building a PC, is this good??? TIPS???

2 minutes ago, Almighty Potato said:

gotchu, dont exactly like the look but ig its fine, any other recommendation just in case?

Phanteks Eclipse P400A

2 minutes ago, NutronSe7en said:

Phanteks Eclipse P400A

ur the goat man, thx for the help, truly, also, do you know about the cooler I picked????

12 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Excuse me, what? If one drive fails you lose the data on both (or more) drives. Nothing is stopping OP from getting an additional mechanical hard drive to go with the 1TB SSD. 

Any drive can fail may that be SSD or HDD, Raid is no different that's why you do backups. The OS will be on the SSD so the PC will boot even IF and WHEN the array fails.  For about the cost of 1TB SSD you can get a 256SSD + 2 HDDs double the storage with practically no performance penalty since the OS remains on the SSD

I have had PCs that took them 10 years for the array to start failing. 

ur the goat man, thx for the help, truly, also, do you know about the cooler I picked????

New egg currently has a sale on  the MSI MAG MASTERLIQUID 240r

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

If you're going with an AIO get a Freezer II or D-RGB.   The ML is bad, or just get a d15/scythe ninja 5/drp4/etc beefy air.  I don't see you needing more than 500-550ws top with that rig.   Just get a larger storage drive for your first rig, tbh if for backup that's reliable.   x300, for example.

what is an aoi again man?

5 minutes ago, NutronSe7en said:

New egg currently has a sale on  the MSI MAG MASTERLIQUID 240r

couldnt find it, can you send a link please

Just now, Almighty Potato said:

thx and also how long do you think it will take to build after the parts are aqquiried? for a 13 yo boy

It really depends on how much research you put into the build process and the various components with their individual quirks. It really depends on a person to person basis.

1 hour ago, NutronSe7en said:

It really depends on how much research you put into the build process and the various components with their individual quirks. It really depends on a person to person basis.

hey dude last question do I need to get 2 extra coolers since I think the case copmes with three of them or should I just get one of them to put on the top of my case?

52 minutes ago, Almighty Potato said:

hey dude last question do I need to get 2 extra coolers since I think the case copmes with three of them or should I just get one of them to put on the top of my case?

since the case comes with 3 fans and the cooler comes with 2 I recommend getting one black 120mm rgb fan and you will have neutral airflow which is ideal in this kinda case.

14 hours ago, NutronSe7en said:

since the case comes with 3 fans and the cooler comes with 2 I recommend getting one black 120mm rgb fan and you will have neutral airflow which is ideal in this kinda case.

ok thx, last thing, does the cpu wattage matter a whole lot?

ok thx, last thing, does the cpu wattage matter a whole lot?

it does but a 750 watt or 650watt is perfectly fine

1 minute ago, NutronSe7en said:

yeah should be more than enough

mk, tbh I still don't know if I should go with the 10th gen unlocked i7 or the Ryzen 7 3700x

1 minute ago, Almighty Potato said:

mk, tbh I still don't know if I should go with the 10th gen unlocked i7 or the Ryzen 7 3700x

if it were me i'd go with the ryzen as is very power efficient and works really well due to its increased cache but if you're looking for pure speed the i7 is what you want

21 minutes ago, NutronSe7en said:

if it were me i'd go with the ryzen as is very power efficient and works really well due to its increased cache but if you're looking for pure speed the i7 is what you want

yah thx that is what I picked. Just curious, do I need to buy separate liquid cooling liquid for my pc or it come with it in the cooler?

1 minute ago, Almighty Potato said:

yah thx that is what I picked. Just curious, do I need to buy separate liquid cooling liquid for my pc or it come with it in the cooler?

all AIO coolers come with liquid already inside

1 minute ago, NutronSe7en said:

all AIO coolers come with liquid already inside

ok thx man

18 hours ago, Almighty Potato said:

Hey guys so I decided to build a pc for the first time. I want to game and work (just basic homework), possibly editing. AMD Ryzen 7, and rtx 3060ti (or should I get 3070???) 16 gb of ram dual channel, 1000w power supply, 1tb SSD, the NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case, and the Cooler MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2 Liquid CPU Cooler. This is my first time building a pc so yah, my main questions are about the case and if the config will work. Any tips???

Budget (including currency): 2100

I would recommend to wait a bit if thats ok because and rtx 3070 is not currently 500 it is a lot more. Wait to build until GPU prices come back down to earth

36 minutes ago, Avocado417 said:

do you reccomernd the corsair vengance rgb ram or no?

3 minutes ago, Almighty Potato said:

do you reccomernd the corsair vengance rgb ram or no?

Do you like RGB?