No power up, no boot, nothing

SkarSkaldrin

I have a asus x570 P, ryzen 5 3600, rx 580 8 gb, 16gb corsair vengeance 3200, wd black m.2 and a wd black 2tb hdd. I upgraded from the stocker cooler, but when i got everything back together it wouldn't boot. The idle light on the motherboard that's always on came on, but power button does nothing. Tried switch the jumpers for the power and reset switch to no luck, and even tried shorting the jumpers for the power to no avail. I tested my psu and it seems to be working fine. Im not getting any post beeps, no fans coming on or anything. I just built this pc in August and wouldn't think anything would be wrong, but im out of ideas and thinking the mobo itself may be bad. Before i go through the RMA process, does anyone else have any ideas? 

12 minutes ago, SkarSkaldrin said:

I have a asus x570 P, ryzen 5 3600, rx 580 8 gb, 16gb corsair vengeance 3200, wd black m.2 and a wd black 2tb hdd. I upgraded from the stocker cooler, but when i got everything back together it wouldn't boot. The idle light on the motherboard that's always on came on, but power button does nothing. Tried switch the jumpers for the power and reset switch to no luck, and even tried shorting the jumpers for the power to no avail. I tested my psu and it seems to be working fine. Im not getting any post beeps, no fans coming on or anything. I just built this pc in August and wouldn't think anything would be wrong, but im out of ideas and thinking the mobo itself may be bad. Before i go through the RMA process, does anyone else have any ideas? 

Trace your steps and find out what you did when you changed the cooler

Try re-seating your cpu. Take off the fan, make sure the thermal paste looks okay, take the cpu out and put it back in.

Also, when you said you put everything back together, what do you mean by that. What parts did you change?

You might just need a bios update?

1 hour ago, SkarSkaldrin said:

Take everything apart and rebuild it again. You will be surprised how many times that actually helps. Install only the hardware that is necessary for the PC to run, namely processor, cooler for the processor, one stick of ram and graphics card. Connect everything to the psu and see if you will be able to post. If there are still no signs of life the moptehrboard might be dead and you will need to RMA it. 

1 hour ago, DiscoDrugs said:

If the PC isn't powering on, he won't be able to update the BIOS. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

This worked for someone else a few days ago: Check that the CPU mounting pressure is correct. It solved their exact same problem.

19 hours ago, DiscoDrugs said:

Try re-seating your cpu. Take off the fan, make sure the thermal paste looks okay, take the cpu out and put it back in.

Also, when you said you put everything back together, what do you mean by that. What parts did you change?

All that was take off to upgrade the cooler was the gpu and 1 ram stick to get the screws. Guess I'll try repeating the cpu, but would that cause the whole computer to do nothing?