Some Questions for Water-Cooling-Kit

Hello everbody,

first, i love LinusTechTips and this is the reason, i signed up this forum :)

Actually i´m looking forward to change my PC to Watercooling.

My Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4,2 Ghz

- 16GB DDR3-1600 Ram 

- AMD 7870 GPU

- Be Quiet 630W PSU

- Aerocool Xpredator Big Tower

I whatched a lot of Youtube-Videos and searched in the Libary of LinuTechTips (:D) but can´t found anything, that answered my Question.

I want to buy a Watercooling-Kit and editing a Waterblock for my 7870.

I thougt about this Kit: http://geizhals.de/eu/xspc-raystorm-750-rs360-watercooling-kit-a817553.html?plz=&t=v&va=b&vl=de&v=e#filterform

There is a Kit with Barb- and one with Compression Fittings.

Now to my Questions:

1. Because of Editing the GPU-Waterblock, will Barbs or Compressions be the best Solution?

2. Can the 360 Radiator handle the CPU and the GPU ?

3. Is the Pump/res strong enough to handle this Loop?

Or can you suggest me another Kit, which will be better for my plans?

I won´t do a complete Custom Loop, because it´s my first one :) And i´m at University, so not the money for doing it :D

Sorry for my bad english, but i´m from Germany and english-texting is long time ago :)

Thanks for answers,

Kerasto

1. Don't buy kits (Read the 101 and FAQ stiky'd at the top of this forum and make a parts list)
  2. Compressions are always the way forward.
  3. Yes,  I would recommend a bit more rads than that but a 360 can handle it. More rads = lower fan speed = quieter.
  4. Get a Laing DDC/D5.

Watercooling is a big investment of both time and money. Do your research. :P

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

do what ghost said :D

1. kits are stupid! picking the right parts is really easy und i'm sure everbody will help

2. Compressions or barb fittings is more a question of what you think looks better

3. 360er is enough for one cpu and one GPU, but i would go with a 60mm thick rad. most strong pumps can handle 2-3 rads+ 2-3 blocks -> laing D5 or Aquacomputer Aquastream XT

So first of all, I am also from Germany, but because this is an English forum I don't think that we are allowed to write german in posts. So if you have any more questions, just send me a private message in deutsch. ;)

This kit is not intended to add a GPU, you might look into something like the RX 360 kit.

1. Compression fittings is the better and easier way to go.

2. There are 360mm rads that can handle a additional GPU and some that cant. It depends on the thickness, and powerful the fans are. The more radiator space, the slower the fans can spin, the quieter your system will be.

3. This pump is just not powerful enough for a additional GPU, the kit is just not intended for that. And this res looks like not easy to mount, I would say get something like a bayres. Much cleaner and easier.

4. Why do you day you wont do a custom loop, if you want to buy a kit to do so??

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Hello,

first, thanks for your answers :)

Because i´m absolutly new in watercooling (friend got a H80, but it´s not the same), i thought about a Kit, because everything is ready to go :) 

In my Case i can also mount a 240 Rad in the Front or in the Bottom, so a secound Rad won´t be the problem :)

@ skullbringer: yeah, i mean the RX 360 Kit :) Compression-Fittings and the D5 Pump :) The one with Barb Fittings i just saved in my browser :D

Which parts/company would you suggest me? There ist EK, Aquatuning, and and and.. To much for a newbie :D

Things i want to cool:

- Intel Core i7-2600k (4,2 Ghz)

- AMD 7870 GPU (Stock-Speed)

Pump/Res-Combo would be nice, because it´s easy to mount ;-) (Just two 5,25 Bays)