i7 8700-K No Sata Drives Recognized After Freeze

my i7 8700-K died about a year ago, and since then i have been using the i7 9700-K for compatability, and recently i tried to get it working again. it boots to the BIOS unlike before, but strangely it wont recognize sata drives sometimes. the off chance i can boot into windows i get stability issues and it ends up bluescreening and restarts into bios claiming there is no drives connected. all parts have been tested and used with the 9700-k and work, so this has to be a fault with the cpu. if anyone knows any troubleshooting steps or some sort of issue please let me know!

23 minutes ago, DraftiestSquid1 said:

if anyone knows any troubleshooting steps or some sort of issue please let me know!

Disable all automatic overclock-settings in BIOS, disable multicore-enhancements (whatever the name the manufacturer uses for it is dependent on your manufacturer), disable XMP, maybe even disable power-saving features and see if any of that makes a difference. If it does, then you already have a list of things to go through one by one until the errors begin to appear again.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.