What laptop for Adobe illustrator & photoshop

ekyona

So I am need of a laptop that I can use for light video editing and Adobe illustrator & photoshop as well as some music editing. 

i have researched the Asus Zenbook pro duo & the Microsoft surfacebook 3. 

I like the idea of the MSB3 turning into a tablet. Would make it easy to take notes. 
I also like the idea of Asus 2nd screen. 

they can both use a stylus. The MSB3 can lay flat. Which I think would be easier for drawing or using the stylus? 

My concern is.

1.Do I need a stylus at all? I know I’m just starting but I do intend to improve. 2.Is it easy to use a stylus with the screen upright? 

if you guys have other suggestions let me know. Please. 
i also use sketch up to model my woodworking projects but I just use mouse. It’s a pretty straightforward program. 

thank you for helping me out! 

18 minutes ago, ekyona said:

So I am need of a laptop that I can use for light video editing and Adobe illustrator & photoshop as well as some music editing. 

i have researched the Asus Zenbook pro duo & the Microsoft surfacebook 3. 

I like the idea of the MSB3 turning into a tablet. Would make it easy to take notes. 
I also like the idea of Asus 2nd screen. 

they can both use a stylus. The MSB3 can lay flat. Which I think would be easier for drawing or using the stylus? 

My concern is.

1.Do I need a stylus at all? I know I’m just starting but I do intend to improve. 2.Is it easy to use a stylus with the screen upright? 

if you guys have other suggestions let me know. Please. 
i also use sketch up to model my woodworking projects but I just use mouse. It’s a pretty straightforward program. 

thank you for helping me out! 

If you're doing drawings and other handiwork, you will need a stylus. I haven't used illustrator to draw things by hand, so I don't know, I only use it for creating basic docs like resume and stuff. However if you decide your workflow will benefit from having a stylus, I think it's better to have it flat? Kinda like a drawing book, we've all used them flat, and it's kinda the way people do it, more natural, I guess.

A stylus with a upright screen depends on the screen wobble of the particular device, it varies depending on the hinge, I'd use an upright position for a quick demo perhaps but for anything serious, I'd probably go with a flat position.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

For Photoshop and Illustrator I would take the Sureface Book 3, becouse of the Pen this makes a great adittion to Ps and il. But the Sureface book 3 is a bit on the cheap side. So when you don't need a Pen I would take the Zenbook or have you thought about a Dell XPS 15 or Razer Blade 15/ 15 Studio?