Router with QoS around 100usd?

ElihD

Hey, can you help me with this? I’m looking for a TP Link router with this option on it, but, on Amazon I don’t see which models have it

QoS is a general term for Quality of Service or how the packets on your network are prioritized. Most modern routers of any stripe will allow you do set this

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

34 minutes ago, ElihD said:

Hey, can you help me with this? I’m looking for a TP Link router with this option on it, but, on Amazon I don’t see which models have it

Better say what you want to achieve with a new router. QOS is not anything magic that will transform your internet connection.

5 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Better say what you want to achieve with a new router. QOS is not anything magic that will transform your internet connection.

I want to put limits on specific devices 🙂 ammm I have 125mb/s connection, isn’t that bad, but, I have roomies and I pay for the internet, they just pay for a part of 25mbs connection, so I want to give them that part and I have the rest of it 

6 minutes ago, ElihD said:

I want to put limits on specific devices 🙂 ammm I have 125mb/s connection, isn’t that bad, but, I have roomies and I pay for the internet, they just pay for a part of 25mbs connection, so I want to give them that part and I have the rest of it 

Can you build yourself a pfSense box ? 

https://www.pfsense.org/

Will do exactly what you want plus much more, like block ads from the internet etc.

QoS is a high-end feature, I don't think you will find a usable version, certainly not to handle 125Mbit for $100.  TP-Link AFAIK do not include QoS in their firmware, at least on their budget models.

For QoS limiting to work well, you need a fairly beefy router as it increases CPU consumption dramatically.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7