Computer shuts down and gets stuck in a restart loop when clean installing windows

Memoirs99
Go to solution Solved by Kael,

This is pretty late, but yeah, I did that, too. Turns out, it was the power supply after all. It works flawlessly now. I got a 700W from EVGA and have had no issues so far.

I recently bought a new PC for my friend. After building it, I keep getting stuck on installing windows. The first time I tried to install windows, it let me go through all the steps to install up until the point where it is "getting the files ready for installation." At 0%, the computer shuts off (I assume crashes) and gets stuck in a restart loop. The only boot option is the USB that I plugged in, and I can't boot from the drive installed in the computer.

Now I can only get to that screen by using safe mode installation, and the same happens. Otherwise it gets stuck in the boot loop.

I have tried:
Clearing the SSD

Reinstalling the windows setup

disconnecting the HD audio cable (idk)

Shutting entirely down, wiping both the drive and the USB, and trying again

Any ideas?

This is pretty late, but yeah, I did that, too. Turns out, it was the power supply after all. It works flawlessly now. I got a 700W from EVGA and have had no issues so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 7:00 AM, Kael said:

Thanks for the late reply; I had already figured it out but it was indeed the PSU. I flipped a switch because it wasn't booting at all (turns out the outlet I was using didn't work) and never flipped it back.