Frankeythemonkey

Hello,

I recently built a new computer here are the specs

CPU: Ryzen 5600x

GPU: RTX 3070

RAM: corsair DDR4 3200mhz ram

PSU: CORSAIR TX-M Series TX750M

MOBO: Asus Prime B550M-A

So I started building this computer in December,  I started swapping out parts in my old computer as I got new ones. I first got my CPU and MOBO and that was when I started getting the error.  Everything worked well for a couple of days, but I first got the error while watching Netflix through chrome. My computer just restarts, it happens when I use Netflix and Hulu through chrome, Modern Warfare, and I just got apex and its doing it in that. I have reinstalled windows, followed this forum https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-event-id-41-restart. I get all 0's for my bug checker.   I think it has to be my motherboard or my CPU since those were the only things I swapped out when it first started happening. can someone help please :'(.

did you already sell off the old components? if not try swapping them in and seeing if the errors still occur to attempt to isolate the problem component.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

did you already sell off the old components? if not try swapping them in and seeing if the errors still occur to attempt to isolate the problem component.

Yeah I've swapped everything out except the power supply. It was an intel system so I can't test the mobo or the CPU individually. But when it first stated crashing I was using the old PSU so I don't think it can be that.  

17 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Kernal power event 41 usually points toward unstable power delivery. it usually means that at some point the power supply was not able to supply sufficient or correct amounts of power and that causes the system to power down unexpectedly. https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12891-how-to-fix-kernel-power-error 

I tried all of that except updating my bios because I don't have a flash drive rn. Unless there is another way of updating it.

IIRC kernel power event 41 does not really mean anything apart from the fact that OS was not shutdown properly. So it basically means something is causing hard reset. Can be anything... knowing AMD and their software first thing I'd do is updating bios.

Might be a good idea to play around with bios settings too, like disabling XMP and CPU boost, just for troubleshooting purposes...

Just now, Archer42 said:

IIRC kernel power event 41 does not really mean anything apart from the fact that OS was not shutdown properly. So it basically means something is causing hard reset. Can be anything... knowing AMD and their software first thing I'd do is updating bios.

Might be a good idea to play around with bios settings too, like disabling XMP and CPU boost, just for troubleshooting purposes...

yeah, if XMP is running, turn it off. it sometimes does strange things.

18 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

yeah, if XMP is running, turn it off. it sometimes does strange things.

Ya I turned D.O.C.P off which I think is XMP? its still crashing and I tried to lower my ram timings to 2800MHz and that didn't help. I also underclocked my CPU and that didn't work 😞