Choose ram that disappear on QVL - risky?

Zowy1
24 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

new thread is not needed because I choose only GPU and CPU.

You told me check the QVL.. I check this and not found a good option that mention for 64GB. and if yes it is expensive..

If you dont know what to do in that case please not reply.

Dude we've all here legit told you everything multiple times already.

Is it on the list?

Yes: Buy it

No: Has anyone tried it before?

Yes: Did it fully work?

No: Don't buy it

It cannot be simpler than this. If it's not on the list and nobody has tried it yet don't buy it. The end. Just get over it and get different ram for your taichi board.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Dude we've all here legit told you everything multiple times already.

Is it on the list?

No: Has anyone tried it before?

Yes: Did it fully work?

It cannot be simpler than this. If it's not on the list and nobody has tried it yet don't buy it. The end. Just get over it and get different ram for your taichi board.

How I can check if some people check my ram with this mobo?

and If have some ram in the QVL on some model that is 64GB model but the code of the product is 4 sticks for ram.. and on "dumm support socket" written 2/4 ..

what does it mean? I must need use 4 sticks of that and only 2 doesnt work?

36 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

How I can check if some people check my ram with this mobo?

and If have some ram in the QVL on some model that is 64GB model but the code of the product is 4 sticks for ram.. and on "dumm support socket" written 2/4 ..

what does it mean? I must need use 4 sticks of that and only 2 doesnt work?

Any dimm tested on the qvl list works. If it says the 64gb test was with 4 sticks then it means it was tested with 16gb sticks x4. However from the next sentence it seems they meant 2 out of 4 slots used. So the 64gb was probably part of a 128gb kit but they only used 2 of the sticks then.

Either way the more sticks of ram you use the harder it gets.

How to check for unsupported ram? Just google. Literally type your motherboard and then the ram you wanna use behind it eg: taichi x570 gskill royal x gb. Fyi nobody has done it for gskill royals of that size yet.

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Any dimm tested on the qvl list works. If it says the 64gb test was with 4 sticks then it means it was tested with 16gb sticks x4. However from the next sentence it seems they meant 2 out of 4 slots used. So the 64gb was probably part of a 128gb kit but they only used 2 of the sticks then.

Either way the more sticks of ram you use the harder it gets.

How to check for unsupported ram? Just google. Literally type your motherboard and then the ram you wanna use behind it eg: taichi x570 gskill royal x gb. Fyi nobody has done it for gskill royals of that size yet.

Not have to much results on google.. and if yes.. sometimes works and sometimes not.. and maybe xmp dont working... and what I do if on the future I upgrade to 128? it is more risky..

you recommend B550 more than X570 ?

6 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

Not have to much results on google.. and if yes.. sometimes works and sometimes not.. and maybe xmp dont working... and what I do if on the future I upgrade to 128? it is more risky..

you recommend B550 more than X570 ?

Depends on the board. Again I don't know what you are going to do on the system you won't tell me so I cannot help you with find a board as you don't list what you are going to use it for, what other parts will be used with it and what your budget is.

Really just get supported ram. Give up on the gskill royal ram and just get supported ram as with ryzen if you run at 2133mhz (the base speed when xmp doesn't work) you loose 20% performance easily compared to running at 3600mhz (the best speed for stock ryzen)

CPU 5900X

Budget is high I buy expensive mobo maybe up to 400$

for gaming and general use and maybe video editing in the future.

you can found mobo that support 2X32GB sticks of z royal?