Case fans start to move but don't spin

My case fans start to move a little bit but end up not spinning. The RGB works perfectly fine and sometimes if I spin the fan with my finger it starts but I don't think that is supposed to be the right way to do it. I have not been able to access BIOS because I do not have a GPU yet. I found out I was having fan issues because I turned on my pc to see if my fans worked. The CPU fan seemed to be working fine. Is this a common problem and are there any solutions? My case is the phanteks p400a digital and I am using the stock fans that came with it (Phanteks sk120mm)

Usually the fans don't start running until you hit a preset temperature....check your BIOS when you can.

1 hour ago, taffyasks said:

if I spin the fan with my finger it starts but I don't think that is supposed to be the right way to do it.

That sounds like there is not enough current to get the motors going. Might be that their speed in the BIOS is simply set to such a low value that the motor doesn't get enough current to overcome the inertia of the fan blades.

From what I can see, the fan is rated for 500-1500 RPM. So if, e.g. the value in the BIOS is set to 300, then the current supplied to the fan is set too low for it to start spinning on its own at that speed.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply