3060ti for 4k

linusface
2 minutes ago, linusface said:

will the 3060ti be enough for 4k gaming ?

What games are you playing?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, linusface said:

will the 3060ti be enough for 4k gaming ?

CS:GO at 144fps? Totally, go for it

CB2077 with the settings maxed? Good luck.

What framerate would you like to play games at, what resolution, and what games in general? That should give a much better idea that "will the 3060ti be enough for 4k gaming?" 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

As someone who is using 2080s (which is close enough to 3060ti) for 4k for quite some time i can tell - it is enough if you are not going for "everything on ultra". Because even stable 60FPS are not possible in modern games with "everything on ultra".

Everything is totally playable and fine as long as you are willing to make some compromises. If you are not IMO you should go for 3090 at this point...

9 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

What framerate would you like to play games at, what resolution, and what games in general? That should give a much better idea that "will the 3060ti be enough for 4k gaming?" 

at least 30 fps with high-ultra settings

1 minute ago, linusface said:

at least 30 fps with high-ultra settings

again, what games? GS:GO is a far cry from cyberpunk 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

9 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

like dcs msf2020 lot of vr racing sims arma 3 cyberpunk  mc with mods and shaders and some more

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

again, what games? GS:GO is a far cry from cyberpunk 

dcs msf2020 lot of vr racing sims arma 3 cyberpunk  mc with mods and shaders and some more

8 minutes ago, linusface said:

like dcs msf2020 lot of vr racing sims arma 3 cyberpunk  mc with mods and shaders and some more

If FS2020 and Cyberpunk are your goal for 4K, then a 3060 Ti is not enough. You will run into a vram limitation and performance will suffer.

An RTX 3080 should be the minimum for 4K gaming at high/very high/ultra settings.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D || GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 4090 || Memory: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL || Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed || PSU: EVGA 1300-watt G+ PSU || Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air

7 minutes ago, linusface said:

dcs msf2020 lot of vr racing sims arma 3 cyberpunk  mc with mods and shaders and some more

Yeah, That's kinda on the line of relm of possibility with a rtx 3060ti. 

1 minute ago, MadPistol said:

If FS2020 and Cyberpunk are your goal for 4K, then a 3060 Ti is not enough. You will run into a vram limitation and performance will suffer.

An RTX 3080 should be the minimum for 4K gaming at high/very high/ultra settings.

Maybe at high frame rates on Modern Triple-AAA's, which isn't the rule, but the exception. A 3060ti can do a respectable job at a lot of games at 4k. 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Maybe at high frame rates on Modern Triple-AAA's, which isn't the rule, but the exception. A 3060ti can do a respectable job at a lot of games at 4k. 

I've done some VRAM testing, and for 4K in FS2020, he's going to be bumping up against the 8GB VRAM limit. Same goes for Doom Eternal, which is 100% capable of playing 4K max settings at 100+ FPS, but it will be fully saturating the 8GB VRAM limit and it may cause stutter.

A 3060 Ti will require some settings to be reduced in almost all AAA games.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D || GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 4090 || Memory: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL || Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed || PSU: EVGA 1300-watt G+ PSU || Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air

I play many of the games you listed and I’m not happy at 4K with my 3090 in a couple of them.  Your gonna make big graphic sacrifices to be smoothly playable at 4K, it’s doable, but 1440 would be a far more pleasant experience 

Rig Main Parts

• i9 13900k
  • Z790 ROG Strix-E
  • Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
  • NZXT Z73RGB AIO
  • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mhz 16gbx2
  • MSI A1000G PCI5 ATX 3 1000w PSU
  • Lian Li 0-11 dynamic Razer 
  • Sandisk Extreme PRO 1TB NVME
  • Sandisk Ultra 1TB NVME
  • OCZ Trion 150 1TB SSD
  • 5 additional TT pure plus rgb 120 fans

Monitors/Peripherals

• Acer Predator x35 - 3440x1440 / 200hz 
  • LG C1 48” OLED
  • Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard
  • Razer Basilisk Ultimate Mouse
  • Shure SRH1540 headphones
  • Schiit Hel 2E Dac/Amp
  • Blue Yeti Mic
  • KRK Rokit 8 G4 monitors
  • KRK S10.4 Subwoofer
  • Razed Enki Gaming Chair
  • Philips Hue Gaming lights
  • Fanatec GT DD Pro 8nm w/shifter, handbrake, csl pedals/clutch, and wrc wheel on Next Level Racing F-GT lite
  • Razer Panthera StFV edition fight stick
  • Razer Goliathus RGB mousepad
  • Razer Wolverine Ultimate Controller
  • PS5 Disc

3 hours ago, VadersDad said:

I play many of the games you listed and I’m not happy at 4K with my 3090 in a couple of them.  Your gonna make big graphic sacrifices to be smoothly playable at 4K, it’s doable, but 1440 would be a far more pleasant experience 

i was going to get a 3080 but due to some problems i wont be able to buy one so i decided to go for this 3060ti and save up for the next cards