I can't hit 30fps in AC Valhalla

bejamartins
Go to solution Solved by MarvintheParrot,
3 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

My PSU is an EVGA 1000 GQ (1000W)

The game doesn't seem have RTX support. I've tried 1080p, 1440p and 4k and doesn't seem to have any visible performance impact.

I was testing with HDR on, but tested now with HDR off and seems to have no visible impact as well.

Nothing else opened at time of playing. No issues with other games.

New to Assassins Creed Valhalla, sorry!

Make sure your drivers are up to date. In my experience, RTX 3000 series cards depend a large amount on up to date drivers.

I'm starting to get desperate here. I've lowered graphical settings and resolution and no matter what I do, I'm not able to go over 20 fps average and 30 FPS max. I've disabled 'control flow guard' for the game, that had a little positive impact but that's it.

My PC specs:

- CPU: i7 7700k;

- GPU: RTX 3090

- RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz (dual channel)

- Storage: m.2 SSD (not NVMe) with an 16GB optane cache module

Is there anything else I can do?

having any other issues in other games?

and what is your psu, might as well ask since thats the first thing everyone else always asks lol

5 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

I'm starting to get desperate here. I've lowered graphical settings and resolution and no matter what I do, I'm not able to go over 20 fps average and 30 FPS max. I've disabled 'control flow guard' for the game, that had a little positive impact but that's it.

My PC specs:

- CPU: i7 7700k;

- GPU: RTX 3090

- RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz (dual channel)

- Storage: m.2 SSD (not NVMe) with an 16GB optane cache module

Is there anything else I can do?

What resolution are you running on?

Do you have HDR on?

Do you have RTX on?

PSU?

Anything else open at the time of playing?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

9 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

having any other issues in other games?

and what is your psu, might as well ask since thats the first thing everyone else always asks lol

8 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

What resolution are you running on?

Do you have HDR on?

Do you have RTX on?

PSU?

Anything else open at the time of playing?

The game doesn't seem have RTX support. I've tried 1080p, 1440p and 4k and doesn't seem to have any visible performance impact.

I was testing with HDR on, but tested now with HDR off and seems to have no visible impact as well.

3 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

Make sure your drivers are up to date. In my experience, RTX 3000 series cards depend a large amount on up to date drivers.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

3 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

The driver is 461.09, that seems to be the most recent. Maybe I need to wait for a driver update 😞

1 hour ago, bejamartins said:

The driver is 461.09, that seems to be the most recent. Maybe I need to wait for a driver update 😞

What is your CPU usage? Go to task manager>More details>performance>Right click CPU Graph>Change Graph to Logical Processors.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

39 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

What is your CPU usage? Go to task manager>More details>performance>Right click CPU Graph>Change Graph to Logical Processors.

Idle: ~6%, in game: ~18%:
spacer.png

A the same time, in the game's benchmark, it gives me other readings:

spacer.png

These images were taken roughly at the same time. Could it be that there is something limiting CPU resources to the game?

11 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

Idle: ~6%, in game: ~18%:
spacer.png

A the same time, in the game's benchmark, it gives me other readings:

spacer.png

These images were taken roughly at the same time. Could it be that there is something limiting CPU resources to the game?

What's your temperatures? You're thermal throttled it looks like. https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ Your CPU is locked out at 0.8 gHz

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

What's your temperatures? You're thermal throttled it looks like. https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ Your CPU is locked out at 0.8 gHz

CPU: idle: ~28ºC, in game, max: 50ºC

GPU: idle:  ~35ºC, in game, max: 64ºC

Temps seem fine, why would it underclock?

1 minute ago, bejamartins said:

CPU: idle: ~28ºC, in game, max: 50ºC

GPU: idle:  ~35ºC, in game, max: 64ºC

Temps seem fine, why would it underclock?

What motherboard do you have?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, bejamartins said:

Maximus IX Hero.

Windows 10 is up to date? When was the last time, if ever you updated BIOS?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Voluspa said:

Windows 10 is up to date? When was the last time, if ever you updated BIOS?

A while ago, when I installed the the optane module. Let me check if there is an update.

Just now, bejamartins said:

A while ago, when I installed the the optane module. Let me check if there is an update.

Do you have a custom OC? I'm wondering if your BIOS isn't up to date, or the motherboard is looking for a custom OC. Before you get too far into BIOS and all that, has AC always done this or is this new. Do other games do this too? 

I'm inclined to reset CMOS, set XMP back up and make sure the Turbo is still set up correctly.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Do you have a custom OC? I'm wondering if your BIOS isn't up to date, or the motherboard is looking for a custom OC. Before you get too far into BIOS and all that, has AC always done this or is this new. Do other games do this too? 

I'm inclined to reset CMOS, set XMP back up and make sure the Turbo is still set up correctly.

There is an update to the BIOS, I have 1203, the latest is 1301.
I just started playing AC now, no other game seem to do this. I don't have any custom OC set.

29 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Updated BIOS and reset, no improvement. 😞

maybe some setting that you missed vsync or frame cap on? some games have that by default.

7 hours ago, metaxas4 said:

maybe some setting that you missed vsync or frame cap on? some games have that by default.

Frame cap off. VSync tried both on and off. 😞

I created a thread in Ubisoft Forums, got no official response so far and it seems to be burried deep now.

The crazy thing was, I installed it on my old rig, that's inferior in power in every way to my main rig and I have much better performance:

spacer.png

Makes no sense :S

On 1/24/2021 at 9:31 PM, MarvintheParrot said:

You were right, just installed driver 461.40 that came out today and that made a huge impact 😄 :

spacer.png

On 24/01/2021 at 9:31 PM, MarvintheParrot said:

It went back to the same behavior today, dropping to ~20 fps. I reinstalled the drivers and went back to 60. I mean...

On 1/24/2021 at 9:31 PM, MarvintheParrot said:

Happened again, this time, I caught it on "tape":

spacer.png

7 hours ago, bejamartins said:

Happened again, this time, I caught it on "tape":

spacer.png

What are the rest of your settings? You can also allocate more VRAM. You have 24GB...

16 hours ago, MarvintheParrot said:

What are the rest of your settings? You can also allocate more VRAM. You have 24GB...

I've changed presets and resolution, they have now effect, I basically lowered everything I could and no difference. In the instance of the screenshot I had everything maxed out.

I don't think you can allocate VRAM manually in the game, can you? The lower right bar is just showing, based on your configuration, what it is using. 6876MB seems to be what it needs to run the game maxed out at 4K.