Asus Dual 1660 super making clicking noise??

FishOnRice
Go to solution Solved by 1982 Original,

The fans don't like running below 30%.  Stuff is normal.  I have an rtx 3080 and those fans don't like running under 50% or they make a revving noise.  I would just set a custom fan profile that either has them off at idle or above 30% when on.

Hi All, I recently built my first computer while using it noticed a quiet series of 2-3 clicks coming from the computer. Upon closer inspection it was coming from my GPU the model is (DUAL-GTX1660S-O6G-EVO), I tested the sound my changing the fan curve on the Asus app and noticed a few things:

- the sound appears when the fan is starting up or stopping

- when the fan is running at low RPM (under 30% in the software) the sound is constantly there. 

- If the fan speed is turned up above 30% it is gone. 

- the sound is coming from both fans and both will stop making sound above 30% speed

I recorded the sound on a short clip (might have to turn the volume up a little to hear it)

Is this something that I can fix or will it cause bigger issues down the road? Thanks!

The fans don't like running below 30%.  Stuff is normal.  I have an rtx 3080 and those fans don't like running under 50% or they make a revving noise.  I would just set a custom fan profile that either has them off at idle or above 30% when on.

Thanks so much @1982 OriginalI will do that ! 

*Update I updated the fan curve on gpu tweak II and it runs at 30% until 55 degrees then follows their normal ramp sound is gone and is quiet works great!!!