GIGABYTE 2060 making rattling noise under load?

Hmtcoolguy

So ive recentley built my new PC and all was going well until i started up some of the more demanding games, when my GPU fan speed picks up as its going under load it gives off a rattling sounds like something might be hitting the fan however i have checked this and there is no possibility of anything hitting the fans. i have also confirmed using afterburner that it is indeed the gpu giving off the rattling noise.

i gave the gpu back to where i bought it to see if i could replace it through warranty however they couldnt replicate the issue when they tested it. they just told me it could be a PSU issue, i have a 650w which i have been told is sufficient for this pc so idk about this.

honestly i have no idea at this point and i have tried many fixes online regarding gigabyte gpu's as they have issues like this, none have worked.

ill give a list of my specs because at this point i have no idea what to do about it.

CPU: ryzen 5 3600

GPU: gigabyte rtx 2060

Motherboard:MSI MAG b550M AM4 mATX

PSU: thermaltake litepower gen 2 650W 80+

RAM: corsair vengance 16gb (2x8)

M.2:WD BLue 1tb sn550 m.2 nvme PCIe ssd

It's a dying fan bearing, and it might not have occurred when they tested because of orientation and other factors

But get it replaced, tell them it's the fan bearing

To confirm it, record a video of it happening then gently push on the center of the fan to stop it, see if the noise stops

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2021 at 7:32 PM, Moonzy said:

It's a dying fan bearing, and it might not have occurred when they tested because of orientation and other factors

But get it replaced, tell them it's the fan bearing

To confirm it, record a video of it happening then gently push on the center of the fan to stop it, see if the noise stops

so i decided i would just change the fans myself because i didnt feel like waiting a while to get a replacement or not even beeing able to replace to the same card, still the same issue persists, now i have absoluting no idea what is happening. i have a friend with basically the identical pc and the only different factor is his more powerful psu, could that affect it?

Are you positive the rattling sound is from your GPU?

Try stopping the fans with your hands gently, see if the sound disappears

Would help if you posted a recording here too

In .mp4 format preferably

36 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Are you positive the rattling sound is from your GPU?

Try stopping the fans with your hands gently, see if the sound disappears

Would help if you posted a recording here too

In .mp4 format preferably

I recorded the fan at higher percentages, it is usually more noticeable while playing games. The think the noise stopped when pressing on it.

Sorry about no mp4 format 

IMG_6780.MOV

i see you cant see the video but the audio is whats important

Edited by Hmtcoolguy

1 minute ago, Hmtcoolguy said:

I recorded the fan at higher percentages, it is usually more noticeable while playing games. The think the noise stopped when pressing on it.

Sorry about no mp4 format 

IMG_6780.MOV

Can't really tell from the video tbh

The sound of you pressing on it is much louder

If you're positive that it's the fan, and replacing it didn't help, then idk what's up

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

Can't really tell from the video tbh

The sound of you pressing on it is much louder

If you're positive that it's the fan, and replacing it didn't help, then idk what's up

well crap, ill look into power supply stuff but idk anymore.

do you think a slightly lose mother board could cause this?

6 minutes ago, Hmtcoolguy said:

well crap, ill look into power supply stuff but idk anymore.

do you think a slightly lose mother board could cause this?

Doubt a motherboard can produce such a sound

It's very soft so I'm not entirely sure if it's natural or defective

More leaning on slightly defective but I can't know for sure from that video

On 1/24/2021 at 10:20 AM, Hmtcoolguy said:

So ive recentley built my new PC and all was going well until i started up some of the more demanding games, when my GPU fan speed picks up as its going under load it gives off a rattling sounds like something might be hitting the fan however i have checked this and there is no possibility of anything hitting the fans. i have also confirmed using afterburner that it is indeed the gpu giving off the rattling noise.

i gave the gpu back to where i bought it to see if i could replace it through warranty however they couldnt replicate the issue when they tested it. they just told me it could be a PSU issue, i have a 650w which i have been told is sufficient for this pc so idk about this.

honestly i have no idea at this point and i have tried many fixes online regarding gigabyte gpu's as they have issues like this, none have worked.

ill give a list of my specs because at this point i have no idea what to do about it.

CPU: ryzen 5 3600

GPU: gigabyte rtx 2060

Motherboard:MSI MAG b550M AM4 mATX

PSU: thermaltake litepower gen 2 650W 80+

RAM: corsair vengance 16gb (2x8)

M.2:WD BLue 1tb sn550 m.2 nvme PCIe ssd

Sup man, this is a common issue with gigabyte cards. It's really annoying, but as far as i could find, it is just a noise problem. Tightening some screws might help, but since you replaced the fans already i would suggest placing back the old fans and returning the card