Windows freezing kinda

Coltonw023456
Go to solution Solved by Coltonw023456,
19 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Try running the RAM at that spec I said, if you get BSODs try keeping it at JDEC default speeds.... I'm running mine at bone stock at it's been bulletproof.

It was windows i had to reinstall windows for some reason lol

so i just got this new ram and my friend sent it to me and it works fine he tested it so now i notice im downloading games or just doing basic stuff then my music cuts out and then windows wont let me sign out turn off or anything i can barley open anything i could never have enough time to open task manger so its happend 2 times today already and im not sure what it is i installed windows before i got the ram yesterday but i also have 3 devices connected to my USB header i only have 2 and i got a USB header for more headers i have my bluetooth connected to the board it self i have the USB header NZXT connected to the motherboard so 2 ports are taken now then i have my AMD cooler the The Premium AMD Wraith Prism Cooler and my Nzxt smart device plugged in to the usb header thingy as well right now i have everything related to USBs unplugged and so far nothing but yet i had the USB header with the same amount of stuff for weeks now and never did did it untill yesterday it started after installing ram im kinda confused and thinking my SSD is dying i have a on board SSD Silicon Power 256GB - NVMe M.2  so i remember the last SSD i had when it was dying my windows would freeze and un freeze and freeze over and over then  i got that new SSD last year the silicon one and it fixed it so could it be going bad ?  also new ram is Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz there is 2 sticks of 16 

Amazon.com: NZXT Internal USB Hub 3 - AC-IUSBH-M3-4 Internal USB 2.0 Ports - 3M Dual Lock Tapes - Magnetic Body - Plug and Play: Computers & Accessories

System

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core, 16-Thread
  • Motherboard
    ASRock B450M Pro4
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
  • GPU
    SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6
  • Case
    NZXT H510i
  • Storage
    Silicon Power 256GB - NVMe M.2 /Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache
  • PSU
    Rosewill Photon 650W
  • Display(s)
    GIGABYTE G27FC 27
  • Cooling
    AMD Wraith Prism RGB LED
  • Keyboard
    Redragon K587 Magic-Wand
  • Mouse
    Redragon M601
  • Sound
    Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

I had my Corsair vengeance RAM cause troubles with windows corrupting, 2866 ended up being a spot where it was stable 98% of the time at 1.37v. if you start getting BSODs with "page found in non-paged area" it's the RAM doing wonky things with the SSD. My pairing is Vengeance LPX 2x8 CL16 and a WD Blue easystore.

14 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I had my Corsair vengeance RAM cause troubles with windows corrupting, 2866 ended up being a spot where it was stable 98% of the time at 1.37v. if you start getting BSODs with "page found in non-paged area" it's the RAM doing wonky things with the SSD. My pairing is Vengeance LPX 2x8 CL16 and a WD Blue easystore.

so is there like a fix i can do ? 

3 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:

so is there like a fix i can do ? 

Try running the RAM at that spec I said, if you get BSODs try keeping it at JDEC default speeds.... I'm running mine at bone stock at it's been bulletproof.

19 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

17 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:

don't try to push the RAM if you don't want to keep installing windows. that's what happened to me. haven't had to do a windows reinstall windows since I let it run at default speeds.

Just now, BiotechBen said:

don't try to push the RAM if you don't want to keep installing windows. that's what happened to me. haven't had to do a windows reinstall windows since I let it run at default speeds.

oh no i know i set it at 3200mhz the speed the ram is made to run at and plus i have a ryzen cpu and it needs fast ram but i though tmy games would play better they kinda do i mean i used to have a ryzen 5 1600 and it was a big jump lol but now im facing a issue freesync sucks it makes it stutter more if im using 165hz with freesync it sucks if i use 165hz with v sync it sucks if i use 60hz with v sync its way better so whats the deal here like i mostly get over 60fps but it still micro stutters every second if i use higher then 60hz on my display and v sync if i change it to high with v sync or no v sync its bad lol

I'm running a 2600x in my rig, and honestly, unless I'm benchmarking it, I don't see a huge difference with my RAM speeds. then again, my GPU is an 8GB version so I'm never counting on shared system memory. I'm also not running really any AAA titles at max settings, I think my most demanding are Battlefield 1 max setting 1080p, and Battlefront 2 max 1080p.

I'm running a 2600x in my rig, and honestly, unless I'm benchmarking it, I don't see a huge difference with my RAM speeds. then again, my GPU is an 8GB version so I'm never counting on shared system memory. I'm also not running really any AAA titles at max settings, I think my most demanding are Battlefield 1 max setting 1080p, and Battlefront 2 max 1080p.

well i notice if i max game out or not my gpu is like 80 to 90% and my cpu is like 20 to 30% so then when i do notice lower fps im thinking why isn't my system going high to get higher frames ? if it drops under 60 forget it lol its like lag and stutter

do you have v-sync enabled, it makes a huuuuuge difference in games that you can't limit framerate on. Like if I turn off v-sync for my 480 8GB on Deus Ex Human revolution, yeah it gets 155 fps easily, but its a tearing smeary mess and is very not nice to play. but something like Halo Reach, I limit it to 200 FPS and it spits out 186 with v-sync off and as long as the framerate is limited to 200 FPS its breathtakingly smooth.

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

do you have v-sync enabled, it makes a huuuuuge difference in games that you can't limit framerate on. Like if I turn off vsync for my 480 8GB on Deus Ex Human revolution, yeah it gets 155 fps easily, but its a tearing smearly mess and is very not nice to play. but something like Halo Reach, I limit it to 200 FPS and it spits out 186 with vsync off and as long as the framerate is limited to 200 FPS its breathtakingly smooth.

i thought freesync helps with that ? i normaly have V sync on and i been putting my display to 60hz instead of 165 or higher i would like to set it to 75 but it wont let me lol

freesync helps with juttering, so if your game was running choppily that's what freesync helps with, vsync helps with tearing, so what display are you using?

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

freesync helps with juttering, so if your game was running choppily that's what freesync helps with, vsync helps with tearing, so what display are you using?

System

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core, 16-Thread
  • Motherboard
    ASRock B450M Pro4
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
  • GPU
    SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6
  • Case
    NZXT H510i
  • Storage
    Silicon Power 256GB - NVMe M.2 /Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache
  • PSU
    Rosewill Photon 650W
  • Display(s)
    GIGABYTE G27FC 27
  • Cooling
    AMD Wraith Prism RGB LED
  • Keyboard
    Redragon K587 Magic-Wand
  • Mouse
    Redragon M601
  • Sound
    Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

14 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

and so when you try to up it to 75hz it doesn't keep?

so in window setting those are the ones i can use but in the display software i can download to control the monitor it tells me other numbers but it will set it but the screen wont use it lol 

6lnrQNkKIXaR4d89B7_R32VLE1ktwsffqBzICp9Kyodf0c47rn-pdQRFEc7awszg-3-vDVTNMDt_0qlOcLSi658I-Sl7UbM2JMjefjo6DQyo734-sq9e-AKHSepkcL5g3-guCYdaAAFOV9mryUV-pHZwreEuPTHlOpTdtL9s4fCIOe9CtTTlkxVP8xYhm5GoDrlHjtrSAqyjCrwHneFUdgvr_gO5sh7PHEAx6o508-cV7CJt0pC5SypRVWqWTSfNFLXffbEKu727cBzBjakgaG9vxXUvTEe3rltAyjLx-yrHGQx0H1AsA8bgzJXOtg8zqmNE0O-ZYJPbxQV42XScQEwn8DD8Gi5r4XO1GPAYIJr-_uvEXrgP2tsS78Csu4CDIRDG9ro3oEKlj633MxlapHYkDX7c2lngHqDnVjfRDc_HA0OyWaBDYiwJuOGGS20R0O_UgKtYZuUfsY_E1ElNml4tDReyZz-SDlWR82bJ5D5gjGq3t45qghmEcsk6CZNRabcIPNEmrUbHuicpaAWjJtSgXru_LvA9ViFuqEzzc12jOuZ97lkiFdeUuDtflTPmvdKB1Hd5x1Ai1_tnmWdEn5FnDcXdvqzIB5bmrbcP4BUx2kJfKq90iKLUdGEX-k6DWP6T9RT9C0NoFa-baTvEehFy6kWFioF4fsEAkjk3t5HEM30J-fHrdXNP_PM9=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

image.png

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

have you tried just going to 100?

i have not im just thinking cause if i set 100 and set v sync and then it drops under 100 fps it will stutter thats what im seeing with the 165hz with v sync on it makes sence cause if you have 60hz screen with v sync set and it drops below 60 it will hiccup 

so what framerates are you generally seeing?

60 or higher if the pc is able to keep up  100 fps im lucky lol but its always moving 

If you are looking for max framerate, I'd bump the graphics down a notch and see if that stabilizes higher framerate. If you are looking for gorgeous visuals, it looks like around 60fps is going to be your target.  

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

If you are looking for max framerate, I'd bump the graphics down a notch and see if that stabilizes higher framerate. If you are looking for gorgeous visuals, it looks like around 60fps is going to be your target.  

i rather have 60 but i know i cant have higher refresh rate lol for stable gaming but i also notice my mouse is slower then im used to but i turn the mouse up as well but im just so used to 165hz lol not used to 60 

4 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

what temps are you seeing with your 5600xt under load

60C but it dont always max out to 100% its always around 80 or 90 

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

what temps are you seeing with your 5600xt under load

also i notice on AMD software thingy when im in a game its set at 165hz not 60 and the game dont have a setting to change it to make it to 60hz but windows is set to 60 idk why its using the 165