Overheating laptop cpu, looking to revive

So i have this old 2007 sony vaio vgn cr290 laptop with 3 gb ram, Intel core 2 duo T7500. After turining it on and not realy doing much on it, the laptop will start to reach very high temperatures within 20-30 mins. I opened it up and saw the horredously dry thermal paste and hope that someone will be abale to reccommend a decent thermal paste. Other wise the laptop is unnaturally decently fast with windows 10 (idk why) and the experience is pretty niche.

Thanks,

Displayport4life.

3 minutes ago, DisplayPort for life said:

So i have this old 2007 sony vaio vgn cr290 laptop with 3 gb ram, Intel core 2 duo T7500. After turining it on and not realy doing much on it, the laptop will start to reach very high temperatures within 20-30 mins. I opened it up and saw the horredously dry thermal paste and hope that someone will be abale to reccommend a decent thermal paste. Other wise the laptop is unnaturally decently fast with windows 10 (idk why) and the experience is pretty niche.

Thanks,

Displayport4life.

Arctic mx4. I swear by the stuff. I use it in loads of builds. There's probably better out there but arctic does the job.

Artic MX4. Personally used in my build and a Sony VAIO VPCEG28FN with i5 2430M and Geforce 410M. Very satisfied with the performance of this thermal paste 🙂