My Windows key wont work help

fatmansmemes

My Windows key won't work... please help, also switches aren't hotswappable

2 minutes ago, fatmansmemes said:

My Windows key won't work... please help, also switches aren't hotswappable

try restarting the PC. what do you mean by "switches aren't hotswappable"

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

12 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

try restarting the PC. what do you mean by "switches aren't hotswappable"

I did try restarting the pc, it didn't work. Also what I mean by "switches aren't hotswappable" is I don't have hotswappable switches, so I can't get new ones

Just now, fatmansmemes said:

I did try restarting the pc, it didn't work. Also what I mean by "switches aren't hotswappable" is I don't have hotswappable switches, so I can't get new ones

Where did you order the key? You could contact them and tell them. Key sellers  are normally pretty good at giving secondary keys if one does not work. 

Why would not have hot swapped switches on a keyboard bean anything? Or is it just a different question?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

26 minutes ago, fatmansmemes said:

My Windows key won't work

Does it throw a specific error message? Can you post that here?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Does it throw a specific error message? Can you post that here?

No it doesn't, it just won't respond when i press it down, also i mean the key on the keyboard, i cant afford a new one

2 hours ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Where did you order the key? You could contact them and tell them. Key sellers  are normally pretty good at giving secondary keys if one does not work. 

Why would not have hot swapped switches on a keyboard bean anything? Or is it just a different question?

I mean my windows key on my keyboard, I can't afford another keyboard and my windows key is unresponsive

23 minutes ago, fatmansmemes said:

I mean my windows key on my keyboard, I can't afford another keyboard and my windows key is unresponsive

OHHHHHH HAHAHAHA, I thought it was a windows key, for activating windows. if you have another keyboard(or borrow onw) try to see if its the keyboard, or something with the PC. Also try switching to a different USB port.

18 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

OHHHHHH HAHAHAHA, I thought it was a windows key, for activating windows. if you have another keyboard(or borrow onw) try to see if its the keyboard, or something with the PC. Also try switching to a different USB port.

Okay thanks, I'll do those later today when I can and then if it helps i'll let you know

1 hour ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Me too, and was completely confused...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, MarvintheParrot said:

I tried both, it's not a problem with the usb port, it's a problem with the keyboard, probably a faulty switch.

58 minutes ago, fatmansmemes said:

I tried both, it's not a problem with the usb port, it's a problem with the keyboard, probably a faulty switch.

sounds like a faulty switch. How long have you had it? You could try to return it and just buy a new one with the refund money.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:43 PM, MarvintheParrot said:

sounds like a faulty switch. How long have you had it? You could try to return it and just buy a new one with the refund money.

Yeah thats what I am thinking of doing, I've had it for exactly 30 days now.

Which keyboard is it? If it’s a Corsair keyboard I know some of them have a button at the top (normally a padlock) that deactivates the windows key

On 1/24/2021 at 1:25 PM, are512 said:

Which keyboard is it? If it’s a Corsair keyboard I know some of them have a button at the top (normally a padlock) that deactivates the windows key

hyperx alloy fps pro

18 hours ago, fatmansmemes said:

hyperx alloy fps pro

Ahh unfortunately I cannot help you there, sorry.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:44 AM, are512 said:

Ahh unfortunately I cannot help you there, sorry.

its okay, im thinking of getting my money back since i got a warranty and then getting a glorious gmmk with silent blacks