Case fans under gpu worth it?

SaturnX29

(my stellar artwork for reference in attachment)

Would two case fans facing upwards (pushing air towards gpu) do anything? My psu is on the bottom left of the case, just under the metal. the fan is facing down towards the floor so no hot air is going upwards into the case.

Would two fans like ive drawn make any difference with airflow temp, or do any harm at all? Another reason i would want some is just for aesthetics too if anything.

309872838_mycase.png

As a general rule you get increasingly diminishing returns when adding anything more than the usual two or three front intake fans and one rear exhaust fan. This is why recent cases usually ditch side panel and in many cases top fans. 

Just now, doomsriker said:

As a general rule you get increasingly diminishing returns when adding anything more than the usual two or three front intake fans and one rear exhaust fan. This is why recent cases usually ditch side panel and in many cases top fans. 

okay thanks for the info

double post and more fresh air to the GPU can help with temps.

Any new air into the case that is colder than the previous air from the hot areas, should do good.

Maybe not always worth it, also hot air is lighter? If the case doesn't have much airflow, than some extra can do the work.

moving more air to the gpu can only help if the gpu can move that air through the gpu cooler. I have found that removing the gpu shroud and fans, then zip tieing either 92mm or 120mm fans to the gpu is way way better then pointing at the gpu. it moves more air at less noise. depending on the gpu you can make this look really good too.