Connect to 2 networks at the same time and access servers from both

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Yea you can connect to multiple network with different adapters without a issue. The subnets have to be different, so it seems like your setup will work fine.

I have an iMac Pro at our high school in our theatre for video production. In our film department we also have a network in there where we use NDI a lot in it. I was wondering if theres a way where the iMac can primarily use their network in the theatre, but also we can still access any SMB servers or any NDI sources on our network. I know you can connect to multiple networks at the same time if you have the adapters available. But I don't know if Mac is capable of doing what I want to do. They are entirely different subnets I believe.

The films network is just connected on a router from the schools network (so double NAT I believe). The theatre network I think is a standalone network without any internet (they sometimes connect the iMac wirelessly to the schools network if they need internet access).

Yea you can connect to multiple network with different adapters without a issue. The subnets have to be different, so it seems like your setup will work fine.