Raspberry Pi or Texas instruments?

drewtcjones

This might now be the right spot for this, but is the Pi better or is the Texas instruments better? I've always wanted o try messing with pi's but never got around to it. But I remember (a while ago) I posted something on a different forum about Pi and they told me that I should use the Texas instruments' type of Pi. Is this true?

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

Texas Instruments have everything you can ask for.

Cheese

Texas Instruments have everything you can ask for.

is there just as many add-ons for the TI compared to the Pi?

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

texas instruments ?

which one ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

texas instruments ?

which one ?

not really sure.... I can't remember the model # or anything about it. I just remember someone saying (not on this forum) that they were superior. I just looked up "Texas Instruments pi" and beaglebone popped up. Is that a good one?

Well you could by two Rasberry pi's for the price of the beaglebone. It looks like the beaglebone has more io (actually alot more)

I cannot speak for the beaglebone, but the for the pi i like it. Its small and  powerful enough for me (Web/Mysql server robot)

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on your project. If you want to have a system that outputs to a HD display then I wuld pick the Pi. But if you want to do somthing that requires more cpu power and even more possibilities then you want to buy the Beaglebone.

With the Beaglebone it is easier if you have a strong knowlede of the linux operating system because a lot of time will be spent in the terminal where you will ssh to the Beaglebone.IMO the best use for the Beaglebone is for robotics related project. I am currently working on a mechanical robotic arm using servos and various sizes of meccano alongside a Beaglebone outside of my University work.

Hope this helps and you have a good time with your project.

Also you want to be looking at the Beaglebone Black if you are looking at Texas Instruments.