halp

retr01ds
7 hours ago, mariushm said:

To add, a high end gaming laptop will be heavy, so hard to carry, and will often come with a big power adapter that you'd also have to carry because the battery will probably last 2-3 hours writing and watching youtube, but maybe only less than half an hour in games like Doom Eternal. 

So it would still be very annoying. 

You can get a decent laptop with a dedicated video card that will play doom eternal at low-medium quality at decent fps and not break your back. 

Like everyone said, with your current laptop the best you can hope is to upgrade storage and ram. Processors and video cards are most of the time soldered onto the motherboard, they can't be replaced. The motherboard also has a custom shape, and the connectors inside are not standardized from manufacturer to manufacturer...  so you can't install another motherboard because it wouldn't fit, and you couldn't connect the battery and the boards with usb connectors and (if any) card reader and other things to the motherboard.

heavy is something im very used to as my back cam handle a lot of weight

5 minutes ago, retr01ds said:

i just want some help man...originally this post was just me asking for help to see what could be upgraded. i do not want a stationary pc.....and i will not get one until i have money for it and interest for it. i just want....a beast of a gaming laptop

Then buy one?

What is your question at this point?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Then buy one?

What is your question at this point?

idk i just wanted a different option than spend thousands of dollars on a gaming pc

Just now, retr01ds said:

idk i just wanted a different option than spend thousands of dollars on a gaming pc

You can spend more on a gaming laptop and get less value instead. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

You can spend more on a gaming laptop and get less value instead. 

i was hoping to see if upgrading the laptop was optional than spend 10k to 20k on a gaming laptop

2 minutes ago, retr01ds said:

i was hoping to see if upgrading the laptop was optional than spend 10k to 20k on a gaming laptop

It's not.

10-20k in what currency?

21 minutes ago, retr01ds said:

my processor does not seem to be soldered on

8 hours ago, retr01ds said:

so i want to upgrade my graphics card for my acer Aspire e1-522 laptop but i don't know what to pick.

i plan on getting a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X due to my lack of proccessor power.

i have an AMD Radeon HD 8339 with 512 MB graphics system memory.

i know this may not entirely be relevant to the topic but how many GBs of ram is recommended?.

it's also from 2013.

it has 4 GB DDR3 L memory and 320 GB HDD

OK, in that case your cpu is not soldered, it's in a socket, but it's a LAPTOP SOCKET, you can't put AM4 processors or ANY processor you think of, it must meets some requirements  ... googling, the model (Acer Aspire e1-522) you most likely have an AMD A4-5000 processor, with integrated graphics 8330 series (8339 is part of that series)

A4 5000 on cpu-world : https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-A4-Series A4-5000.html

From the page, pay attention to  SOCKET FT3 ,  Architecture Jaguar > Kabini cores,  TDP : 15w

You can probably upgrade the processor   with any other Socket FT3 processor, from that Jaguar architecture, which has a TDP as close as possible to 15w (because the heatsink and fans in your laptops are designed to cool a processor that produces up to that many watts of heat.  Slightly higher may work, but cooler may not handle it, or the power converters on the motherboard may not be able to handle it.

The processors you could possibly install - and there's no guarantee ALL are supported by your laptop motherboard are these :

Link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_units#"Kabini",_"Temash"_(2013)

image.thumb.png.4afe0bf854495ed32213c775c7865f92.png

So the highest you can go is A4-5100 which goes from 1.5 Ghz to 1.55 Ghz but has the same graphics card.

If you want to risk and go with a 25w TDP cpu, the A6-5200 raises CPU to 2 Ghz and increases the gpu frequency... so big woop.

You can upgrade your storage to a SSD, and you MAYBE can upgrade to 8 GB DDR3L but that's about it on that laptop.

If you want something modern, you need to get a new laptop.

And stop whining ... and this is research you could have done on your own.

General information
Type CPU / Microprocessor
Market segment Mobile
Family

AMD A4-Series for Notebooks
Model number A4-5000
CPU part number

• AM5000IBJ44HM is an OEM/tray microprocessor
Frequency 1500 MHz
Package 769-ball lidless Flip Chip Ball Grid Array (BOL769)
Socket BGA769 (FT3)
Size 0.96" x 0.96" / 2.45cm x 2.45cm
Weight 0.1oz / 2.6g
Introduction date May 23, 2013
Architecture / Microarchitecture
Microarchitecture Jaguar
Processor core Kabini
Core stepping KB-A1
CPUID 700F01
Manufacturing process 0.028 micron
Data width 64 bit
The number of CPU cores 4
The number of threads 4
Floating Point Unit Integrated
Level 1 cache size 4 x 32 KB 2-way set associative instruction caches
4 x 32 KB 8-way set associative data caches
Level 2 cache size 2 MB 16-way set associative shared inclusive cache
Level 3 cache size None
Physical memory 32 GB
Pipeline 16-stage [1]
Multiprocessing Uniprocessor
Extensions and Technologies
  • MMX instructions
  • Extensions to MMX
  • SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
  • SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
  • SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
  • SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
  • SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4
  • SSE4a
  • AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
  • AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
  • BMI1 / Bit Manipulation instructions 1
  • F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
  • AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology
  • AMD-V / AMD Virtualization technology
Security Features
  • EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection
Low power features
  • Core C1 and CC6 states
  • Package PC6 state
  • S3, S4 and S5 sleep states
  • PowerNow!
Integrated peripherals / components
Integrated graphics GPU Type: Radeon HD 8330
Microarchitecture: Sea Islands
Shader cores: 128
Base frequency (MHz): 497
Memory controller The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 1
Channel width (bits): 64
Supported memory: DDR3-1600, DDR3L-1600
DIMMs per channel: up to 2
Maximum memory bandwidth (GB/s): 12.8
Other peripherals
  • PCI Express 2.0 interface (4 lanes)
  • Universal Video Decoder 4.2
  • Video Compression Engine 2.0
  • High Definition Audio
  • SD controller
  • USB 3.0 controller
  • Serial ATA 3.0 controller
  • LPC bus
  • General Purpose I/O
Electrical / Thermal parameters
Maximum operating temperature 90°C
Thermal Design Power 15 Watt

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

OK, in that case your cpu is not soldered, it's in a socket, but it's a LAPTOP SOCKET, you can't put AM4 processors or ANY processor you think of, it must meets some requirements  ... googling, the model (Acer Aspire e1-522) you most likely have an AMD A4-5000 processor, with integrated graphics 8330 series (8339 is part of that series)

A4 5000 on cpu-world : https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-A4-Series A4-5000.html

From the page, pay attention to  SOCKET FT3 ,  Architecture Jaguar > Kabini cores,  TDP : 15w

You can probably upgrade the processor   with any other Socket FT3 processor, from that Jaguar architecture, which has a TDP as close as possible to 15w (because the heatsink and fans in your laptops are designed to cool a processor that produces up to that many watts of heat.  Slightly higher may work, but cooler may not handle it, or the power converters on the motherboard may not be able to handle it.

The processors you could possibly install - and there's no guarantee ALL are supported by your laptop motherboard are these :

Link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_units#"Kabini",_"Temash"_(2013)

image.thumb.png.4afe0bf854495ed32213c775c7865f92.png

So the highest you can go is A4-5100 which goes from 1.5 Ghz to 1.55 Ghz but has the same graphics card.

If you want to risk and go with a 25w TDP cpu, the A6-5200 raises CPU to 2 Ghz and increases the gpu frequency... so big woop.

You can upgrade your storage to a SSD, and you MAYBE can upgrade to 8 GB DDR3L but that's about it on that laptop.

If you want something modern, you need to get a new laptop.

And stop whining ... and this is research you could have done on your own.

thank you at least for helping. also im whining because american currency is different from mine and 10k to 20k is enough to pay the house bills for a month depending on where you live in my country

1 hour ago, retr01ds said:

thank you at least for helping. also im whining because american currency is different from mine and 10k to 20k is enough to pay the house bills for a month depending on where you live in my country

I mean, you could pay all my monthly house utilities for a couple months on the price of a decent PC in the US, too.