Broken cryptomining card : (

Wingnut85

Hi. I have a turd radeon vii. I think it was used for cryptomining. It shows up having  generic driver with error 31 till I install the AMD drivers, delete the generic drivers, then check for hardware updates. Then it shows up as a Radeon vii and working, but it doesn't. As soon as I  restart the computer it shows up as having error 43. 

At no point does it display video. I've flashed it successfully. I've reinstalled windows. Pretty sur it's hardware related. Any one got any tips where to start?

21 minutes ago, Wingnut85 said:

Any one got any tips where to start?

Go to your credit card provider/paypal and request a charge back for a DOA product. If you've flashed the vbios and reinstalled windows + drivers, then I would call that a dead card.

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

12 minutes ago, tim0901 said:

Go to your credit card provider/paypal and request a charge back for a DOA product. If you've flashed the vbios and reinstalled windows + drivers, then I would call that a dead card.

No can do Timbalino. I bought it on Craigslist. I payed 150. I knew I was taking a gamble. I’m pretty handy with a soldering fun though. I was wondering if there are certain components that might likely cause the issue.  I’ve read that some people have brother theirs back by throwing it in an oven....

1 hour ago, Wingnut85 said:

No can do Timbalino. I bought it on Craigslist. I payed 150. I knew I was taking a gamble. I’m pretty handy with a soldering fun though. I was wondering if there are certain components that might likely cause the issue.  I’ve read that some people have brother theirs back by throwing it in an oven....

This is why I no longer use craiglist and why most people have moved to facebook market place. At least there you can prefer people that look like they have legitimate accounts and in the case they scam you, you have a recourse for going after them.