So kinda got scammed

Pklix

Went on kijiji bought a $350 pc with a i7 2700k 16 gb of ddr3 ram and a gtx 970. when i got the pc it had a i5 2500 and 8 gb of 1333 mhz ram and a gtx 970. ended up having to buy a new hard drive because the one  in there didn't work. So but in the new hard drive and powered it on downloaded windows but my gpu wouldn't show up.. tired installing drivers nothing worked. the fans sinned but no signal.. ended up finding out i only had a 320w power supply and i dont thing the 2 6pin connecters were even giving power to the gpu.. so i though ill just get a new power supply. cant do that because then i would have to upgrade the motherboard and power supply. so now i have a working pc without a gpu, so i cant play games on it and not sure what to do with the gpu. any ideas??

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

Did you pay with paypal? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

Did you pay with paypal? 

nah cash

What in the heck is kijiji ?
And why did you pay with cash?  Well you're screwed now.  Hope you learned your lesson.

Next time buy from places with actual protection.  If you're going to pay cash for ages old crusty hardware, make sure you can verify that it actually works, unless you want a P-P-Powerbook!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 11:23 PM, Falkentyne said:

What in the heck is kijiji ?
And why did you pay with cash?  Well you're screwed now.  Hope you learned your lesson.

Next time buy from places with actual protection.  If you're going to pay cash for ages old crusty hardware, make sure you can verify that it actually works, unless you want a P-P-Powerbook!

Kijiji is fakebook buy and sell but its only in Canada I'm pretty sure 

So as a general rule when buying anything electronic on Kijiji carefully inspect the item and insist on seeing it working before you pay the seller anything, it doesn't matter what you are buying. I've bought a GPU years ago on there and I insisted on seeing it installed and working in a system before I paid for it.

Once cash changes hands you are basically screwed. Unfortunately you are likely going to have to chalk this up to a life learning lesson.