Nahimic Audio issue - Sound Skipping/dropping every 5 seconds

ArrisonChan

Hi there, I have a custom PC that has a sound issue that seems to be stemming from Nihimic audio. Basically when I'm playing things with surround sound, Nihimic will constantly battle for control of my audio sources causing audio drops. I cannot for the LIFE of me get this software to leave me alone.

I have done the following:

- Block nhnotifsys.exe with your antivirus (It's the software that appears in your system tray you can also see it running in the task manager as A-Volute so right click and open file location to find the executable) ---- NOT RUNNING, even after reboot

- Open Task Scheduler (run as admin) -> disable/delete NahimicSvc32Run, NahimicSvc64Run, NahimicTask32, NahimicTask64 -----NOT RUNNING, even after reboot

- Device Manager (run as admin) -> Sound, video and game controllers -> disable "nahimic mirroring device" (uninstalling it just makes it reappear on next boot, disabling leaves it disabled) ----DONE

- Device Manager (run as admin) -> Software components -> disable "A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component" (uninstalling it just makes it reappear on next boot, disabling leaves it disabled) ----DONE

- Open Services.msc (run as admin), right click Nahimic, open properties stop the service and then disable it then in the Recovery tab ensure that Take No Action is selected for First, Second and Subsequent failures. ----DONE

Audio still skips every 5 seconds or so as things fight for control.

Any ideas?

For anyone who might find this in the future, the way I got it to work was disabling my Mobo's HD Audio in the BIOS. This at least allowed me to use other audio sources like USB and HDMI without issue. I suppose if I needed 3.5 still, I could always get a sound card, but this is sufficient for me.