ASUS GPU Tweak 2 forcing OC settings even after uninstall

JZA

Hi all,

I normally use MSI afterburner for overclocking my GPU however I thought I would Give "ASUS GPU tweak 2" a go since its made by the same manufacturer as my graphics card and it supports OC scanning whereas MSI Afterburner doesn't do OC scanning for 30 series GPU's yet. So anyway I did an OC scan and it got pretty mediocre results with +85MHz core and +400MHz memory. I can get +135MHz core and +1000MHz memory on MSI Afterburner with it stable. So anyway, now I cant work out how to remove the GPU Tweak OC "Curve". Every time I start my computer it defaults to that mild OC instead of allowing me to set my own default OC in MSI. Even deleting the profile in GPU tweak and uninstalling the software wont make it go away. It's like it has hard coded it into the GPU's bios or something. I can still change the OC using MSI and I have "CTRL+F12" set for my custom OC and "CTRL+F11" for default clock speeds but its just kind of annoying that it has forced its own curve and wont let me change the defaults. 

Can anyone shed some light on how to fix this?

Cheers,

J

If I remember correctly I had a similar problem few years ago with Asus overclocking software. You can try to install it again and try to remove the OC if that doesnt work try reinstalling drivers with DDU if you have to.

21 hours ago, LomaFin said:

If I remember correctly I had a similar problem few years ago with Asus overclocking software. You can try to install it again and try to remove the OC if that doesnt work try reinstalling drivers with DDU if you have to.

Hey bro, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I did a DDU recently for another issue I was having (random black screen) and that was after I played with ASUS GPU Tweak 2. I reinstalled the software but I cant find any option to remove the OC scan. When I click OC scan it shows the settings that it has applied but it doesnt give me an option to remove them, only to scan again. Oh well, it's not the end of the world. 

no, you need to uninstall this Asus crap, then DDU and never install the Asus thing ever again. 

of course your issues will reappear if you don't remove what's causing it. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

no, you need to uninstall this Asus crap, then DDU and never install the Asus thing ever again. 

of course your issues will reappear if you don't remove what's causing it. 

Bro... let me explain clearly so you understand. 

1) I tried ASUS GPU Tweak 2 a few weeks ago and did the OC scan etc and decided I didn't like it so I removed the OC (deleted the profile) and uninstalled the software. That was weeks ago. 

2) I ran DDU a couple of days ago because I was having a different issue (random black screen). The OC from ASUS GPU Tweak 2 was still lingering even after the DDU.

3) Yesterday I decided I wanted to reinstall ASUS GPU Tweak 2 to see if I could get rid of the OC it applied once and for all. No matter what I tried the OC remained. 

Do you understand now? I did everything in a logical order, you clearly just didn't understand the order of operations. 

Tonight I installed a BIOS update for my motherboard to enable AMD PBO2 so that I could tinker with the curve optimiser. Strangely that has removed the OC so the problem appears to be resolved by updating my motherboard BIOS. I don't know why that would change it but apparently it has. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it comes back.