Suitable surround sound sound card for headphones

The gamecon 780 is a USB headset with the dolby headphones built in, essentially it is the same as an asus card and set of standard stereo headphones. You cannot use these to determine how the razor surround will sound with the 558's, in fact the gamecon bypasses the onboard altogether so it is useless for testing anything related to the onboard sound chip.  To listen to the video brightcandle posted you must use stereo headphones only and turn off all effects and surround software.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I listened to the video with the Gamecom 780's without the surround turned on and none of them sounded as good as the Gamecoms's with surround on. The sound stage is much larger with the Gamecom's in surround mode but without it the video sounded like you could hear the position of the sound but it was still coming out the headphone but with the gamecom's in surround sound mode it does a much better job of emulating speakers at a distance. The razer software had the same problem, this smaller sound stage might be fine for getting a bit of an upper hand in battlefield but it is pretty much useless for watching movies.

I listened to the video with the Gamecom 780's without the surround turned on and none of them sounded as good as the Gamecoms's with surround on. The sound stage is much larger with the Gamecom's in surround mode but without it the video sounded like you could hear the position of the sound but it was still coming out the headphone but with the gamecom's in surround sound mode it does a much better job of emulating speakers at a distance. The razer software had the same problem, this smaller sound stage might be fine for getting a bit of an upper hand in battlefield but it is pretty much useless for watching movies.

Does your 780 came with the USB surround adapter (like the 777) ? That thing is the sound card, the 'brain' behind the sound you love so much. If you still have it, just plug your Sennheiser to the analog output (may or may not need an amp in between). If you don't have it, you can get one of those online, such as here

Does your 780 came with the USB surround adapter (like the 777) ? That thing is the sound card, the 'brain' behind the sound you love so much. If you still have it, just plug your Sennheiser to the analog output (may or may not need an amp in between). If you don't have it, you can get one of those online, such as here

Cool. The 780 have it built in so maybe I should get one of these for my sennheisers, or a sound card that has dolby 5.1 that way I get the headphone amp as well.