Overclocking Ram

Go to solution Solved by Chipples,

Well I figured it out on my own. Turns out it wasn't a compatibility thing at all. The problem was actually staring at me in my post. applying a full xmp overclock to 4 high capacity ram sticks. Evidently NO cpus in the world can handle this. 

So I'm not sure if this should go here or in troubleshooting, but I'm hoping someone can give me some better insight into how to overclock ram to its advertised speeds. I figured it would be as simple as enabling the xmp profile in bios, but after waking up this morning to a pc that would appear to boot and have no debug lights on but have no power going to any of my peripherals, and after having to clear the cmos, it seems that it is more complicated than that, or part of my hardware is a dud, idk.

I read a brief mentioning online about memory training failure, and I want to think this has something to do with that but I really don't know.

So ultimately my questions boil down to wanting to understand what could cause a ram overclock to prevent the pc from booting so that I know either how to properly overclock the ram manually or purchase a more compatible ram set.

In this case I'm using an msi x570 gaming pro carbon wifi mobo, a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu, and 4 sticks of G.Skill Ripjaw V Series 16 gb 3600 Mhz ram. I can't view the finer details of the order I made for the ram to see what model it is exactly, but it is a red colored older model and I THINK the specs are CAS Latency 19, Timing 19-20-20-40.

My concern is specifically about what can cause it to not boot, because it worked fine last night while the pc had already been running for a while, almost like it worked just because it was warmed up or freshly applied or something. It was only after 7 hours of being off that it decided not to boot anymore. It works fine now that the bios was reset and removed the overclock.

Well I figured it out on my own. Turns out it wasn't a compatibility thing at all. The problem was actually staring at me in my post. applying a full xmp overclock to 4 high capacity ram sticks. Evidently NO cpus in the world can handle this.