2021 time for a new build

Hunlight

Budget (including currency): 1200 eur (no gpu)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games, Path of exile, Hunt Showdown (last two most important)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I put up a potential build under the budget here :

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.af30efa87b48f0b56104326072d423b0.png

Anything I could make better? why intel when theres 5600x? Idk, past 3~ or so years used amd want something fresh to try, also had terrible amd experience with ram OC wont go past 2933 (I think I had it working on 3200 on my 1600 ryzen, but on 3600 cant past 2933) Im just tired of all that play and want to get back to Intels - put and use. 

If possible I would like a better cpu, but for the budget I think its tops I get.

6 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

Budget (including currency): 1200 eur (no gpu)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games, Path of exile, Hunt Showdown (last two most important)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I put up a potential build under the budget here :

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.af30efa87b48f0b56104326072d423b0.png

Anything I could make better? why intel when theres 5600x? Idk, past 3~ or so years used amd want something fresh to try, also had terrible amd experience with ram OC wont go past 2933 (I think I had it working on 3200 on my 1600 ryzen, but on 3600 cant past 2933) Im just tired of all that play and want to get back to Intels - put and use. 

If possible I would like a better cpu, but for the budget I think its tops I get.

Looks fine, just note that you can't OC the CPU and the RAM will be limited to 2933
I would get a Z490 board.

Also note that a 5600X + a B550 board would be cheaper, but I can understand you going Intel

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Looks fine, just note that you can't OC the CPU and the RAM will be limited to 2933
I would get a Z490 board.

Also note that a 5600X + a B550 board would be cheaper, but I can understand you going Intel

1) w8, u cant oc on z460? (havent used intel for years so Idk) need to fix that, coz I want to OC 100% same for ram if possible to make them at least 3600~
2) its not cheaper even more expensive here 😕 mby if z490 mobo is expensive then mby yeah, but cpu costs the same here

1 minute ago, Hunlight said:

1) w8, u cant oc on z460? (havent used intel for years so Idk) need to fix that, coz I want to OC 100% same for ram if possible to make them at least 3600~
2) its not cheaper even more expensive here 😕 mby if z490 mobo is expensive then mby yeah, but cpu costs the same here

Yeah. "B" series mobos don't allow OCING and limit RAM speed.
Also 3600mhz is useless for intel, as there is no benefit performance-wise over 3200mhz.

Also Z490 boards are really expensive. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

Yeah. "B" series mobos don't allow OCING and limit RAM speed.
Also 3600mhz is useless for intel, as there is no benefit performance-wise over 3200mhz.

Also Z490 boards are really expensive. 

wait, damn, so I need z board then, and here I though Intel is on my budget now, hmmm, how about MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK its 190 eur~ so 40 eur more and Im still in my budget.

2 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

wait, damn, so I need z board then, and here I though Intel is on my budget now, hmmm, how about MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK its 190 eur~ so 40 eur more and Im still in my budget.

Also got rams 3200 then, so -30~ eur, so makes price almost same as B board

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

do it, makes sense. If you strictly want an Intel build and don't prefer AMD at any cost despite it being cheaper

its cheaper by mby 40-50 eur (cpu/mobo combo) and if I get higher clock rams as amd need then price is the same.

3 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

ok, reasonable to go for Intel then and i also prefer them over ryzen because they are much cheaper compared to AMD here

amd is little overpriced (Still, 5600x was like 420 eur xD now it same 360 eur as i7 10700k, thats why I tho about intel)
and considering that amd - cheaper mobo, intel - cheaper rams (as no reason going for 3600 if u dont get 4000+ ye?). prices become same.

So regarding my build then, if I change mobo to z490 tomahawak and rams to 3200. its best I can get for the buck ?>