GPU Folding

I`m already folding with client v07.

It seems the GPU is idle until I put it to the max.

I want to fold with the GPU because the CPU stock fan can get loud.

How can I GPU fold?

Thanks!

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

The GPU doesn't fold unless your computer is idle or like you said its on the max setting.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

As Kayn says, that little slider bar controls it. Move it to Full and the GPU will Fold. On Medium it only folds when your system goes idle, so set your system to have a screen saver come on after like 5 minutes. If your CPU folding is to loud, you can always go into the Advanced Control, go into the Folding Slots section. Right click on the CPU and choose Pause...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

As Kayn says, that little slider bar controls it. Move it to Full and the GPU will Fold. On Medium it only folds when your system goes idle, so set your system to have a screen saver come on after like 5 minutes. If your CPU folding is to loud, you can always go into the Advanced Control, go into the Folding Slots section. Right click on the CPU and choose Pause...

It worked but I think it`s gonna fold using 100% of the gpu?

Or can I change the usage %?

Unfortunately not - for the GPU it's 100% or nada... 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I see. I created a new profile in afterburner with a slight underclock. Now the gpu is at 100% but the fan spins 1100 rpms and is quiet. When I want to game I turn off folding and change the profile in afterburner. Thanks for the help. edit: turns out I don`t even need to underclock it. runs at 100% and 47 degrees c with 1.5k rpms Just needed to adjust the temp. curve a little so its quiet.

Edit: Runs at stock with no changes. Just adjusted the fan curve.

post-1379-0-33742000-1367680273.jpg

Glad you got it running to your satisfaction. :)  That is what some do, to help with temps and fan noise, is to under clock the GPU...

I remember when I started, thinking "well, I can under clock my gpu so this way there's very low noise". Few hours later I got already infected with the PPD virus, and I was like "NEED MOAR PPD, OVERCLOCK TO THE MAX  :angry:). After some time you get used to it, mainly because you loose some hearing  :D.

WHAT COIL WHINE?????

:D

WHAT COIL WHINE?????

:D

Problem solved  B)

To get this clear you can underclock a GPU and the client will be fine with that but you have to make sure that an overclock is stable to make the client happy?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

To get this clear you can underclock a GPU and the client will be fine with that but you have to make sure that an overclock is stable to make the client happy?

Yes cause underclocking doesnt require more voltage, the gpu was already getting enough voltage before so lowering the MHz of the gpu so thats fine, While overclocking, to a certain limit doesnt require more V, if you pass that limit then it would be unstable unless you provided the core with more V 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

And... even a 100% stable GPU overclock with testing on something like Futuremark or other GPU stress testers, can fail when folding. Folding is VERY sensitive on the GPU overclock. SO don't be surprised if what you though was a good OC on your GPU has failed WU's more often then not. Turn off you OC at that point and test.