weird iphone issues, not sure if fixable

bmx6454
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

figured it out in case someone else has a similar problem.

answer: moisture accumulated on the wifi/gps cable thing, 10$ part fixed it. not an easy diy repair imo though.

link to parts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076M3FQ2F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JSVTRZM2RWH6&psc=1

hello, i have an iphone 7 128gb, and i woke up today and went to check my email before work as usual, but when i opened the outlook app, my phone black screened and restarted. when it turned on, everything seemed fine, but wifi wouldn't work, and couldn't see any networks. it isn't grayed out, it just won't display networks or connect. a coworker who knows iphones a little bit did a "network reset" on it, which didn't fix the issue, but after that the Bluetooth had the same issue... so then we did a complete reset, and this fixed the issue, or so i thought. after about an hour it shut off again, but this time it just kept flashing the apple logo in an endless bootloop, and wouldn't respond to anything, including dfu recovery mode. we plugged it in and let it sit, and after about an hour, it turned on by itself and seemed to be working, but the wifi issue is back.... not sure if this is relevant, but the last few weeks, my apps will reset if in the background, example would be if im playing a podcast, or music on any app, and go to use anything else, like safari or facebook, it would reset all the apps in the background, and i would have to restart the music or podcast, or sometimes it doesn't reset, but the audio has odd lags and cuts and glitches. the phone has not been dropped anytime recently, and hasn't gotten wet. i have tried most things i can find with no luck. at this point i am assuming it is a hardware issue, and it's time to replace, if anyone can confirm that, or has anything else to try, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Mine did the same thing after a few years of pretty hard use. My battery was really not doing so hot even before that though(I keep my phone on a wireless charger throughout most the day which is a bad habit but still. Even on my iphone 7 I had a case that added wireless charging) I replaced my battery with a cheap china battery which seemed to make this issue go away for a few months, it then died all together. It may be time for a replacement. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

37 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Mine did the same thing after a few years of pretty hard use. My battery was really not doing so hot even before that though(I keep my phone on a wireless charger throughout most the day which is a bad habit but still. Even on my iphone 7 I had a case that added wireless charging) I replaced my battery with a cheap china battery which seemed to make this issue go away for a few months, it then died all together. It may be time for a replacement. 

i was hoping to keep it going until it's EOL by apple, but yeah, i think it's time for an upgrade unfortunately. the battery was replaced professionally less than a year ago, and still shows 92% life left, so i could be wrong, but i don't think the battery is the issue. thanks for the reply.

14 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

i was hoping to keep it going until it's EOL by apple, but yeah, i think it's time for an upgrade unfortunately. the battery was replaced professionally less than a year ago, and still shows 92% life left, so i could be wrong, but i don't think the battery is the issue. thanks for the reply.

Totally understand that! I'm hoping to do the same with the XS that replaced my dead 7. Best of luck to ya man

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.