Weird flickering on Opensuse Leap

NReject

I've recently got a new monitor and I use the Linux OS called opensuse. Ever since I got this new monitor, the screen flickers whenever I have two monitors connected at the same time. It stops flickering if I unplug my secondary monitor.

Below is an example of what is happening to me.

https://youtu.be/JNkSOw4_itA

if someone could tell me what's going on and how to fix it and if maybe it's a driver issue, I will be forever grateful.

What are the rest of the specs of the system? If you have an old GPU, it could just be that your GPU just cannot handle running that high of a resolution, usually caused by a lack of VRAM, but that would only really be the case if it's a 10ish year old card that was lower end for the time. It could still be a driver issue, but my Linux driver knowledge isn't necessarily the best. Luckily, there's a huge community out there, so odds are you can find a guy who reverse engineered a better driver for it if you are having issues. The rest of your system would still be useful in case you're running something like Threadripper, as I remember there was quite a few driver issues for it early on

22 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What are the rest of the specs of the system? If you have an old GPU, it could just be that your GPU just cannot handle running that high of a resolution, usually caused by a lack of VRAM, but that would only really be the case if it's a 10ish year old card that was lower end for the time. It could still be a driver issue, but my Linux driver knowledge isn't necessarily the best. Luckily, there's a huge community out there, so odds are you can find a guy who reverse engineered a better driver for it if you are having issues. The rest of your system would still be useful in case you're running something like Threadripper, as I remember there was quite a few driver issues for it early on

I have an RX 5700 XT, 16 GB RAM, Intel Core i5 8600k

What motherboard do you have? It might be worth trying integrated graphics to see if the problem goes away.