3090 FE issues with multiple displays.

stupat78

I've just built a new system but was using my old 2080 super until I could get a new 3000 series card.

I've just installed my new 3090 FE and it all powers up but after a few minutes the led lighting on the graphics card goes off but the card is still working. My main issue is that I have a dual monitor set up and also connected to my LG C9 through HDMI.

I have a new HDMI cable on the way to make use of HDMI 2.1. When I have both monitors plugged into GPU and HDMI going to TV it only recognises one monitor until I switch my TV on and then it recognises everything.

When I take the HDMI cable out and restart the PC both monitors are recognised.

Any ideas? It works perfectly well other than these issues and games work great on it. 

Main system specs are
Ryzen 9 5900x

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING AM4 Motherboard
16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
Corsair H100i Hydro Series RGB AIO
Corsair TX850M PSU

Could be a driver or firmware issue.

People have been having a lot of issues with the 3000 series and HDMI 2.1 in general.

Fixes from Nvidia have been coming fast. And there are many threads about stuff breaking.

Just spent 45 mins on a chat with Nvidia "tech" help. Reinstalled drivers but still doing it. The guy was a bit baffled. Going to get back on to them when I have some more time, looks like I'll just have to make sure my TV is turned on when booting my PC up. 

22 minutes ago, stupat78 said:

Just spent 45 mins on a chat with Nvidia "tech" help. Reinstalled drivers but still doing it. The guy was a bit baffled. Going to get back on to them when I have some more time, looks like I'll just have to make sure my TV is turned on when booting my PC up. 

You are not alone....

AV forums gaming on LG CX thread many people have similar issues.

The 3000 software side is pretty bad.

It will take them a while to fix it.

In fact everything HDMI 2.1 is a dumpsterfire.

3 hours ago, Exidor said:

You are not alone....

AV forums gaming on LG CX thread many people have similar issues.

The 3000 software side is pretty bad.

It will take them a while to fix it.

In fact everything HDMI 2.1 is a dumpsterfire.

$1500+ well spent investment 😛  and it doesnt even have a virtual-link port! (USB-C port for video output mainly for VR but can be used with a monitor as well) 

That's like the icing on the cake.. they ask so much money and they dont even offer a quality product $1500 is too much for you to be a betatester those things should have been  already ironed out before launch! 0 respect to the customer. 

18 minutes ago, papajo said:

$1500+ well spent investment 😛  and it doesnt even have a virtual-link port! (USB-C port for video output mainly for VR but can be used with a monitor as well) 

That's like the icing on the cake.. they ask so much money and they dont even offer a quality product $1500 is too much for you to be a betatester those things should have been  already ironed out before launch! 0 respect to the customer. 

I am currently betatesting 3 broken products.

LG CX (to be fair LG at least keeps pushing updates but the whole EARC and DTS fuck up is unacceptable)

Samsung Q950T bugs and more bugs at least they fixed connection to the speakers. But it has no LPCM support so only Atmos or stereo for PC games. And here in Europe keep advertising it as a HDMI 2.1 soundbar although in NA Asia and on the website they disclosed that the port is HDMI 2.0b that supports some HDMI 2.1 features

Nvidia 3080 HDR is a mess VRR is a mess and some random WTF bugs.

And like all of us Windows 10 broken Atmos broken HDR.....

So all in all close to 4k in sort of working equipment.

Even the god damn AMD 5900x has bugs. The bios is still unstable and now AMD promises to rebuild a lot of the proprietary BIOS bit.

On my MOBO a Gigabit Auros the latest BIOS broke M.2 pci lanes so the SSD I have in the 2 slot now runs at some weird speed between gen 3 and gen 4. 

Honestly anything HDMI 2.1 is a dumpsterfire.