Nintendo Pro Controller on PC

Donut417

Has anyone tried this? I heard Steam has tools to make it a good experience. Im looking to use this with various titles. Some include Elite Dangerous, GTA 5, and others. If any one could maybe suggest a good layout for Elite Dangerous that would be nice. As I tried looking at HOTAS's but they are either more than I want to spend, or out of stock. Plus I dont know if I want to buy a peripheral  that is only used for one game. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Has anyone tried this? I heard Steam has tools to make it a good experience.

My question is like, why not just go DualShock? Do you already have a Switch?

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Has anyone tried this? I heard Steam has tools to make it a good experience. Im looking to use this with various titles. Some include Elite Dangerous, GTA 5, and others. If any one could maybe suggest a good layout for Elite Dangerous that would be nice. As I tried looking at HOTAS's but they are either more than I want to spend, or out of stock. Plus I dont know if I want to buy a peripheral  that is only used for one game. 

I have.

It's not easy to pair (though it might be my 10-year-old USB dongle) but once you get it working, it's great.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

's not easy to pair

I was hoping to use it wired. Because it was specifically stated that doing it Bluetooth is a pain. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I was hoping to use it wired. Because it was specifically stated that doing it Bluetooth is a pain. 

I haven't gotten it to work on wired, sadly - nothing on a 2.0, 3.2 Gen 1, or 3.2 Gen 2 port.

I don't have any USB-C ports though so it could be that.

elephants

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I can just plug mine in and it works, just make sure you have it enabled in the steam controller settings

Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings

image.thumb.png.9ae68191d0c63dea0f0d8a877a00cb62.png

In some games you may need to bring up the steam overlay and go into the controller configurator to disable to gyro as it controls the mouse

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Good news with a help of my buddy I was able to get everything work. As well as a small amount of cash and an Advanced Nav computer for my ship.