Hotmail account verification without cell phone

johnyb98

Please, I would like your help.

I have a Hotmail account. I have the password, and can login. The problem is that I cannot use the account until I verify it.

For verification, it asks me a cell phone number to get a verification code. I do not have a cell phone, and cannot use any other's cell phone for it.

Is there any other way to verify the account? Without a cell phone?

Thank you!

Online sms service, just make sure you delete the message, because many people use them.

You might have to find one with your country number, or else e-mail might not accept the number...

Something like: https://sms24.me/

Just a warning, same number might be no longer available in the future...

Is there no option to send verification code to a 2nd e-mail? Or secret question?

Yes, I have second e-mail I can access. But, if I get to that second e-maill a verification code, at the moment of Hotmail phone verification, will I have the choice to change it from phone code verification to mail code verification?

20 hours ago, johnyb98 said:

Yes, I have second e-mail I can access. But, if I get to that second e-maill a verification code, at the moment of Hotmail phone verification, will I have the choice to change it from phone code verification to mail code verification?

I don't quite understand the question, but you should be able to select either email or phone as verification. Also, usually these services which would require sms code, they have number where you can call for the code. Meaning that if you have access to landline only, you can still verify via phone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I don't quite understand the question

My question is as follows.. I will further explain it with example.

suppose:

my blocked mail is zzz @ hotmail . com

my second working mail is ggg @ gmail . com

let's say, Microsoft sends me a verification code at ggg @ gmail . com

Now, the moment I want to access my blocked account, at the point that Microsoft asks for a mobile number, in specific page that I am asked for a mobile number, in that page, there is nowhere another choice to change the verification sending code from mobile to a mail address. At least, there is no changing method as it is now. If that choice existed, then, I would change verification method from mobile number to e-mail address (ggg @ gmail . com), I would get the sending code to ggg @ gmail . com, insert it, and I would solve the problem.

I hope the example helps understanding.

2 minutes ago, johnyb98 said:

My question is as follows.. I will further explain it with example.

suppose:

my blocked mail is zzz @ hotmail . com

my second working mail is ggg @ gmail . com

let's say, Microsoft sends me a verification code at ggg @ gmail . com

Now, the moment I want to access my blocked account, at the point that Microsoft asks for a mobile number, in specific page that I am asked for a mobile number, in that page, there is nowhere another choice to change the verification sending code from mobile to a mail address. At least, there is no changing method as it is now. If that choice existed, then, I would change verification method from mobile number to e-mail address (ggg @ gmail . com), I would get the sending code to ggg @ gmail . com, insert it, and I would solve the problem.

I hope the example helps understanding.

Still confusing. First step, get into to blocked account. Second step, change the verification method. I'm assuming the first step is the issue.

If the form asking the code doesn't give you options to send it to email instead, then you have no choice. I can't say more, I don't recall seeing such page nor what would have been the options for it. If it gives options, you can select another options, and continue with that. I, for example, recently setup new Microsoft account and was asked for backup with either phone or email. I entered email and it send me verification code. Usually these pages have multiple options, so if you can screenshot (you can censor emails or other personal details), it might help. But in the end, we can't really assist with how to go through another sites security checks.

If you are asking how you can be logged in to two Microsoft accounts at the same time, thats easy. Use two browsers. Or use email client.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv