Can't make drive bigger

Kanna

There is a unused storage space of 200GB that I can't assign to the 600GB volume (it's the same disk) all I get is errors can't even create a volume of the 200GB 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Considering you haven't provided any useful details, I am going to assume you are trying to use Windows Disk Manager to expand a already existing partition. I never use Windows Disk Manager, as it sucks and always needs weird conditions to be met. If this partition is the partition you booted from, you will need to use a bootable device or a app like partition wizard. If not, I still suggest you to use partition wizard and try expanded the volume with that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Is there anything on the other 400GB partition ?
If not, you can just delete that partition and it should automatically link up the unassigned space for one big unassigned storage space of 600GB.

Otherwise, if there is something, like, say, windows, you'll probably need to either use diskpart (command lines) or use a software like the bootable Gparted, to increase the size of the partition through the GUI.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Considering you haven't provided any useful details, I am going to assume you are trying to use Windows Disk Manager to expand a already existing partition. I never use Windows Disk Manager, as it sucks and always needs weird conditions to be met. If this partition is the partition you booted from, you will need to use a bootable device or a app like partition wizard. If not, I still suggest you to use partition wizard and try expanded the volume with that.

Yes I'm using windows disk manager I will try partition wizard to try and expand, no this is not my boot drive

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

59 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Is there anything on the other 400GB partition ?
If not, you can just delete that partition and it should automatically link up the unassigned space for one big unassigned storage space of 600GB.

Otherwise, if there is something, like, say, windows, you'll probably need to either use diskpart (command lines) or use a software like the bootable Gparted, to increase the size of the partition through the GUI.

There is no 400GB so I assume you mean the 200GB if so it's empty it's just unallocated storage

Reminder⚠️

39 minutes ago, Kanna said:

There is no 400GB so I assume you mean the 200GB if so it's empty it's just unallocated storage

No no. 

There is a unused storage space of 200GB that I can't assign to the 600GB volume (it's the same disk) all I get is errors can't even create a volume of the 200GB 

I just did 600 - 200 = 400GB. If you meant it was a 600GB partition, that's that.

By that I meant the other partition on the same drive. There's the 200 unallocated space, and the ... 600GB ? that's allocated.

Can you delete that other partition ?

If not, use Gparted to extend it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

No no. 

I just did 600 - 200 = 400GB. If you meant it was a 600GB partition, that's that.

By that I meant the other partition on the same drive. There's the 200 unallocated space, and the ... 600GB ? that's allocated.

what I mean is that it's a 1TB drive but only 600GB is allocated and the 200 can't be allocated

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

what I mean is that it's a 1TB drive but only 600GB is allocated and the 200 can't be allocated

Alright, so can you delete the 600GB allocated yes or no?

In any case, use Gparted and it should be able to fix this.

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Alright, so can you delete the 600GB allocated yes or no?

In any case, use Gparted and it should be able to fix this.

600GB no I can't remove it

Reminder⚠️

5 hours ago, Levent said:

update,using any free tool didn't let me make the existing 600GB bigger

Reminder⚠️